Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome to the 2018 Meltdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I’m coming rain or not. I’ve made the mistake before of pissing away a years worth of anticipation over a little dribble.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

Well??????

enloe and loudbang like this.
  3. X2

chryslerfan55, enloe and loudbang like this.
  4. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rained off and on all day. Clear off enough time to get things uncovered and start drying the track etc. then rain again. All day until about 5 or so. Finally got some runs in...a few short weather related stoppages but ran pretty solid and still going. No more curfew...hard telling how long they will run tonight weather permitting...

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. SLCK64

SLCK64

I can still smell nitro lol I had to skiddadle with that last rear end break on the big end. I didn’t know they had “no curfew” now! I’ll try and be back tomorrow depending on how the weather looks. Some great races today. Crackle fest was great! I’m going to try and get that uploaded into YouTube and share the links.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. SLCK64

SLCK64

Irish, saltflats, 55belairx2 and 5 others like this.
  7. SLCK64

SLCK64

Swamp Rat 4 likes this.
  8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

It was awesome. The Lakeshore Shaker made a pass and got back to the pits under its own power. 351EC94A-F93B-4B77-8B74-29AFCDBCF409.jpeg 3A38BEF5-FA08-4369-AC01-43EE5E3C4064.jpeg

9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am going to post some pics tonight on the thread that is linked in my signature

oldsjoe, Gammz and loudbang like this.
  10. SLCK64

SLCK64

Irish, saltflats, 55belairx2 and 6 others like this.
  11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

C0182EA5-D951-4EDB-ADFE-D16DF7154F9A.jpeg
    We are in a different spot today. We are right where you come in the swap meet.

I loaded all my pics on my thread.

12. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Swap meet is looking good so far

loudbang and oldsjoe like this.
  13. Hey @SLCK64 thanks for posting the video...I was absolutely thrilled to see the first race. The red Willys sedan is my brother in a car that I built for him about 8 years ago. It has a small blower, and based on the tailpipe output seems to be battling a carb issue. Very cool to see!

14. So what's the reason for 1/8 mile only ?

loudbang likes this.
  15. SLCK64

SLCK64

Because of the rain yesterday was quicker to dry 1/8 and add 1/8 to shut down length for safety. Should be running 1/4 today.

loudbang likes this.
  16. SLCK64

SLCK64

loudbang, 55belairx2 and Todd553 like this.
  17. SLCK64

SLCK64

More clips up on my YouTube

loudbang likes this.
  18. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

19. SLCK64

SLCK64

20. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

21. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Just got home. Had a great day. Weather turned out great till around 5 and it started to rain a little and the clouds where getting darker. Decided to hit the road for home. Racing was great. Got to finally meet Scott, Jackson and Norb, all great guys! Sorry I missed you Enloe, saw Ethan guarding your spaces but it was close to noon so I figured you where getting food or something. Checked out Dueced up's Cobra, So Cool! Could not find James or Gammz and Wyatt, but I was busy watching everyone race and wishing I could join in the fun! Jeremey it was great talking to you again and Karly and her Chevy 11 are getting better all the time. Again it was a great day and I am looking forward to next year already!! Larry

22. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

23. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Sorry you didn’t see me Larry, I was the good lookin dude in the hat I gave Ethan a Happy belated Birthday, spoke with Enloe some(you guys sell that car next ya?), stared at Lakeshore Shaker in staging singing praises to Scott some, stood behind Salty for a second before saying I would see him soon there’s too many cars to scope out, almost accidentally sat on Doctorterry Chevy hood, missed Gammz and so many others. Recognized lots of other members rides from this thread as well. But I did pester Brian far too long( I could see Mark’s face say “hey don’t we need to sit another 2 1/2 hours in staging with this thing?”)in the pits before heading home in the rain. I get a little googley eyed around the Fuel Coupe, maybe its the 75%? Makes me a bad conversationalist but not as bad as the drunk guy that said it was better with the Strombergs on top.
    Sorry James I didn’t get back around to ya but I did watch things get Shakin
    IMG_6257.JPG
    Larry, next year then?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    saltflats, hendelec, enloe and 7 others like this.
  24. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Sounds like a plan. Shine! I am easy to spot, I am old, bald, gray with a beard and a pot belly. Er wait a minute that sounds like most of us :oops:. Maybe next year we will all have to post mug shots so we know what the hell we are looking for. lol Larry

25. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

This is a picture of “Wyatt” (3rd person voice)in his prime so you’ll know me next time
    [​IMG]
    Oh wait that’s the Wyatt my dad named me after, sorry. When he passed he left me one of those commemorative jackets and I even had his old nickel plated primary drive chain belts I use to actually wear, which I too grew a little “husky” for years ago.
    I don’t take selfies of myself except for when acting foolish with my children
    [​IMG]
    Yes I know I should have been in the movies but hey I’m only forty five there’s still time right?

saltflats, powrshftr, enloe and 2 others like this.
  26. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

[​IMG]
    I didn’t meet or know who runs the 65 300 but this car really messes with me and my good friend Dennis I bring along. It’s a time capsule for us. Not because it takes us to 68 or 69. It put us right after 89 through 94. Dennis got an insanely similar Chevelle SS his senior year from a work buddy of his dad. Same original color body, bench seat, fresh crate GM 454 LS6, 400, posi 3.90 12bolt, and even the chrome cragars. Came with the original 327, glide, and California black plates too.
    It was crazy clean and we didn’t truly appreciate it then. It was fairly slow when we started racing it. But the second or third year with a 850dp, Holley blue pump, Isky solid lifter cam, valve springs, GM dual plane, super comp headers, 3500 Coan converter, M/T 9”x28.5s on black steelies,MSD 6al, lots of fine tuning, and practice it was a solid 11.80s car than drove on the street but did get hot. It was so close to this beauty above.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Of course we had to go and mess with. Plastic buckets, no interior panels, 12 point, weld wheels, lowered too far, a serious of cam, intake, BG carbs/big 400 fuel pumps/regulators, headers, Pistons, electric water pumps, no powering steering, no belts, Aluminum radiators, 4:56 spool, Drag shocks, solid motor mounts, shifter, manual valve bodies, more converters, fiberglass hood and scoops, yadda, yadda, yadda... 11.teens then his 15 old sister puts it in the wall at us41 at 85mph.
    Totaled.
    Sells shell and original drive train for $1200.
    Kicks himself for 20 years.
    Trades his running 9second Fox body for a old 65 Chevelle nasty tubbed roller. He Has a fresh dart 540 on the garage floor out of his dad’s midlife crisis R.E.D. that scared the grey to white out of him and sold the chassis, now with no time or money.
    He cut out the bulk of the cage cause he builds full chassis now on the side
    [​IMG]
    But it usually a buried nightmare
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Poor guy life ain’t easy.
    But there’s hope and the burning image of that Meltdown 65 taking us back to early 92 or 3.
    [​IMG]
    This is a last years pic.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  27. Anyone have video of Scott driving around Norb in high gear?

28. RHRH3P

RHRH3P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3EED4767-EC22-4241-92ED-6331BB95F5F8.jpeg
    T&A Flathead and I were there. Tim and his son got there Friday evening and I drove in Saturday morning. It was my first time there and I really enjoyed it.

I saw this Mercury and thought it was super cool.
    2E9B2A87-DBFA-49B3-8510-FF3A40B4C293.jpeg

29. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Wyatt. Honest I did not know your name was Wyatt! lol I was talking about Gammz's son Dub g. His name is wyatt too if I remember right. Well now I know three Wyatts. By the way the guy in the picture is me in 1973! Except my hair seemed to be longer, I had a Black chopper and a 72 Econoline full of shag carpet and a 68 dodge with a 440 that I raced at Great lakes Drag away in Union Grove ! Oh to be 18 again! Your 45 ? Hell I got a leather jacket older than you!lol Larry

30. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Ha I still have a golden pheasant condemn I’m saving for a lucky lady in my wallet older than me

oldsjoe, Gammz and 0NE BAD 51 MERC like this.