Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome to the 2018 Meltdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Oct 12, 2017.

1. ^^^real cool little car there...

2. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Agreed

3. 28rpu

28rpu

4. Hyper Henry

Hyper Henry

Have all the emails gone out to accepted racers? If so I will have a hotel room to cancel. thx

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  5. 62hotcat

62hotcat

According to there FB page you will get a rejection or waiting list e-mail. Hope this helps.

6. Hyper Henry

Hyper Henry

Thank you!

loudbang likes this.
  7. 62Furious

62Furious

The Furious and I will be there #68 Got my rear suspension changed for pie crust race, as long as the rest of the car holds up I will be looking for revenge on my friend Salty.

8. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Pics or it didn't happen lol

chryslerfan55, loudbang and saltflats like this.
  9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Bob don't go and hurt yourself now.
    I 'm diggin deep in the dumpster for this year.
    Could see this ol heap in the low 12s :D

loudbang, Gammz, rocketsled59 and 4 others like this.
  10. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

[​IMG]
    Got my daughters car out in the sun so I can paint her bumper brackets. What do you think of the hood scoop? It won’t be fast for now but it looks it. She seems to be happy. Should be on the road by Monday,Definitely nicer than anything I drove at 17. I may have a lead on a 3-71 that should make it so she can lean into it Salty

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Nice dart!

chryslerfan55, loudbang and rawcjw19 like this.
  12. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

loudbang likes this.
  13. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

I just got my email as an “alternate”.. pretty rough after staying up to register at 12:22am on the first available night to register.. must have been a lot of other people up late that night-or cars are being “selected” now? I don’t mind either way in reality-I just assumed that the first 450 registered were the ones who got in. I also understand the value of having a great show for spectators and racers alike.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    chryslerfan55, loudbang and Gammz like this.
  14. For the first time, classes were filled up to a predetermined amount of cars. Cars were selected based on several criteria including when the registration was received. Speed of registration did not guarantee a spot as it did in the past. Unfortunately the amount of cars wanting to participate was double the amount allowed in. (which makes this job suck)

loudbang, rocketsled59 and SLCK64 like this.
  15. It's hard to catch all these posts! That is awesome!!! See if he wants to paint another one and we can use it as a raffle, award or something with his biz cards... That is really cool...

16. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Stay positive on this...we typically have quite a few people cancel. Life happens...people change jobs, get divorced, have a kid, motors break, and sometimes Canadian's with mustangs flake out and decide not to come.

17. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

rocketsled59 and loudbang like this.
  18. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

Haha!! No letdown implied—I get it.. I may try the Pie Eating Contest instead! Besides—I have kid #2 arriving in June—so that has me excited! If I’m not breaking my car at the Meltdown—that’s a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. I sent in registration on day one and have not heard anything. Can someone pm me one way or the other. Vacation requests need to be made with employers. Thanks.

20. 62hotcat

62hotcat

Got my alternate notice today. Bummer.

21. Good to know. I thought i might have slipped through the cracks.

loudbang and 62hotcat like this.
  22. powrshftr

powrshftr

Big talk from the Pokey Croaker.....Now let’s see if you can find another 10mph trap speed,Suzy....You’re gonna need it.xo

Sorry I dropped off the radar for so long,fellas,but my year has looked like the script for a bad tv drama.You name something that could go wrong,and it has for us.
    Think we’ve got most of our family,financial,legal,and other troubles mostly stabilized for the moment,so it’s time to concentrate on getting the car back together for the 2018 Meltdown.

For those of you who don’t know,we had some clutch troubles during testing right before last year’s event.We only managed to get two 1/8th mile passes in before it completely mangled the disc,and we had to throw it on the trailer,and weren’t able to get the issue corrected in time for the race,due to waiting on parts that turned out to not be what we needed.
    On the bright side,the car in the other lane made an 11.44 1/4 mile pass,caught me sleeping at the light and built an early two car length lead....and we ran him down by the 1/8th mile with a slipping clutch before it totally gave up the ghost.

With a brand new set of slicks with zero passes,a new clutch,and some attention to a few small issues that have been bugging me for a while,it should be a fun year.
    It’s going to be a fun year.Last year’s only “full pass” was a 138mph rip down the street dyno.

It’s good to be back.

Scott

23. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Scott You just about put me to sleep on that one. :cool:
    Oh and welcome back. :D
    It sure would be good to see you and your car this year.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  25. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

Let me grab my 5 buckle boots!!! This shit is gonna get deep

26. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Scott
    Welcome back and I am going right to a pair of waders, :D bet you still have the speedo gears in the tranny for a 3.00 geared rear end making the speedometer read a LITTLE over.:rolleyes: Or your Garmin is set on Canadian mode.:rolleyes:

27. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Wow I've been absent for only a day now and Scott's back this year is gonna be a good one and fellas just remember Scott didn't say how long it took him to get to that speed it was probly two or three miles and it doesn't take much to run that kinda mph on the short course at bonneville I know james can agree to that lol

28. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

r

Scott, glad that you'll be back in 2018. I hope that your list includes ample time for preparation/de-bugging this time around. I look forward to seeing you (and Dad) again.

29. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Glad your back Scott. Things have been kind of boring around here with out you. See ya at melt down. I think there was a certain red 57 that was heart broken you were not there last year. Larry

30. Just got my number. 31 it matches the car. We are not looking for a repeat of last year. We plan to match race randys purple blown hemi roadster. we will be running as exhibition cars. thanks md crew for the greatest race going today. 20170716_171420.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018