Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome to the 2017 Meltdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Oct 6, 2016.

1. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a 12V water pump on a similar tank I used twice.

loudbang, Gammz and DubG like this.
  2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Yes 1960 Pontiac.

loudbang and GlassThamesDoug like this.
  3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Everyone said to put a 9 inch Ford in it but the car owner said we aren't puttin Ford parts in are Chevy.

4. DubG

DubG
    from Nebraska

it's like that one crossdresser in the family....we just don't talk about it.

wyatt "the Gasman" Gammel

5. Some rumors coming out of byron. Some racers at the grove today were saying that byron has gone eigth mile due to the recent accident there. Something about the shut down area needing works. Again this was track talk i dont know this as fact or how it would impact the md. Any one local that can comment? Aside from that the coupe didnt break anything so it will be meltdown bound. 20170709_135054.jpg

loudbang, Zettle Bros. and Gammz like this.
  6. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

I live about 15 miles away from the track. I might drive over on Thursday for the early check-in, to help ease any congestion on Friday. Will I need to bring my drag car over on Thursday, in order to check-in early? Or can I just drive my daily over and give my pre-registration number?

Also, my older brother, nephew and I will all be driving back and forth to the track for each day. Each of us is running our own car. Is there a problem with taking the pickups, trailers, and drag cars back and forth for each day? Or should we plan on leaving the trailers and drag cars at the strip?

I'm just trying to ease the admittance for each day, and eliminate any possible problems with us pitting together on each day.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

We heard that rumor as well and the track has and will be running 1/4 mile

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Torkwrench-

We have two options... you can go in the Far East lot we call the hotel lot where guys can leave trailers and race cars or we can park your rigs across the street and then u can drive in and out each day.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  9. Way to handle it so quickly.

loudbang likes this.
  10. ...this all sounds like good news, ...talkin to lots of guys from all over who are comin at least one day to spectate,...weather's lookin good,...this thread may hit 100 pages by the time the MD starts...

loudbang likes this.
  11. ^ that is nothing more than track gossip, and it certainly didn't come from Byron.

Byron Dragway is a quarter mile track with more shutdown length (and it is uphill too) when compared to the grove.

Anyone who has raced at both tracks can tell which track is easier to slow back down at.

12. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Do have your tech cards ready, they will be checking everything. This isn't rumor, this is fact.

loudbang, racer-x and 30dodgeboy like this.
  13. powrshftr

powrshftr

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg So the transmission,bellhousing,and clutch are out,driver's side quarter panel is slightly radiused,and the lip of the wheel opening is folded up.
    Picking up new clutch tomorrow,and slicks as well.

Scott

14. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

16. DubG

DubG
    from Nebraska

I'm not getting static on here but getting on other social media that me lettering our ranchero is incorrect because is doesn't have a 427 in it. But to my understanding there was no minimum cubic inch requirement and there was actually maximum cubic inc of 427.2 . the classes were based on weight per cubic inch. which our car falls under. To recreate the idea of the meltdown i don't want bring the car with A/FX on the side if it's not following the meltdown idea. I'm totally fine taking off A/FX on the side. Please give me feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  17. powrshftr

powrshftr

My Dad's obsessive compulsive hoarder instincts come in handy when it comes to keeping bolts organized and separated,James...:)
    Looking forward to hanging out soon Buddy:)

Scott

Deuced Up!, enloe, DubG and 1 other person like this.
  18. powrshftr

powrshftr

Wyatt:
    The Factory Experimental classes were based on weight vs power,so most of the A/FX class was made up of 427 Falcons and Mustangs,where the 289 cars like yours and mine would have run in B/FX class.
    There was actually a big 65 Galaxie with a 427 that weighed something like 4100lbs that ran in C/FX....Rannout of the Bob Ford dealership.:)

Scott

loudbang, rocketsled59 and DubG like this.
  19. Nitro Pontiac

Nitro Pontiac
    from Wisconsin

Picked up a helmet at Pegasus. It's a cool place.

20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Always good to have a handy helper.
    It will be good to see everyone again.

loudbang likes this.
  21. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

loudbang and DubG like this.
  22. Well let's see here

4 Barrel carb
    2 Dual exhaust
    7 Ataboys for doing what you have.

Your good, don't sweat the haters. They probably have their panties in a wad, cause they gotta go to the Brussel Sprout Festival with there ole lady this weekend, while your putting laps on the "Manchero". :D

23. squirrel

squirrel

most folks who start talking to me about my car stand there staring at the 8" tall 427 number on the fender, and ask me "what engine does it have?"

24. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I believe there was a B/FX not sure about C/FX.....but would still be cool. I am putting C/GS...on mine...

loudbang likes this.
  25. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Agreed never put ford parts in a Chevy. Make you too damn fast. We would have no chance of out running you !!

loudbang, saltflats and DubG like this.
  26. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

t t k k.jpg Made two test & tune runs on Saturday, then the master cylinder went soft. :rolleyes:

The line lock would't hold on the 3rd pass :eek: ( so did't run it ) by the time we loaded on the trailer
    had no brakes. :confused:

None of the wheels are wet,o_O took off old master today, ( it was full ) o_O
    Picking up new master cylinder tomorrow.
    I guess its better to have it break and replace it now than during the Meltdown.

Its got a little hesitation at the line ( slow 60' ) alone with running a little lean, so upped the jets 2 sizes
    tonight, also seemed like the low profile triangle air cleaners were to restrictive, so the hood scoops gotta go :oops:
    to see if some tall velocity stack air cleaners work better.

2nd run had a 1.647 - 60 foot when it was running a single 4 was getting 1.565 - 60 foot.

I think once the jetting is right, mph will go up, and hesitation gone 60- foot down, we will be well back into the 10s. :)

27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Fat chance of that with this slug.

28. .., and you follow with.., "here's your sign":p

29. squirrel

squirrel

Oh, I just say "It has a 427". and point at the number right in front of them. Mostly, they laugh at themselves

30. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

They always ask if mine is a real 409.

55belairx2, loudbang and DubG like this.