Register now to get rid of these ads!

Weird-ohs hot rod decals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by frankinplymouth, Nov 7, 2009.

1. frankinplymouth

frankinplymouth
    from oregon

I thought i would play show and tell. I have had these since i was a kid. Kinda cool. One is called Daddy the other Digger. I guess there is a Davey also. Any more out there? Ray

Attached Files:

2. I have those and also Drag Hag & Endsville Eddie

3. BISHOP

BISHOP

4. Back in 1966-67, my really cool teenage uncle had those plastered all over his toolbox and school bookcovers.

I was an easily influenced kindergartener, and got hooked on hot rods for life...

5. carbking

carbking

There are literally hundreds of different of these stickers. Several different sets.

Jon.

6. Steelsmith

Steelsmith

I believe the original "weirdo's" were Ed Roth designs in the 50's.
    Ed's designs were influenced by a 'Russian kid' he knew in Jr High School. This kid was shaped a bit differently, (wide shoulders, no-neck, long arms/short legs) and drew caracatures of himself as a young teen. Ed took the design idea several steps passed that with his initial weirdo's.
    Ed was a close family friend, (Mom's family) in his teen years. My Dad had a drafting class with Ed and the 'Russian kid'. Ed was quite talented as a draftsman.
    I can't supply alot of additional info, Dad died in '07.

Dan Stevens
    dba, Steelsmith