Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Weesner Inspired Hot Rod (Hand Built) UPDATE

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 193257, Jul 11, 2009.

1. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

Boy that thing is smoking hot! Imagine that in a old abandon junk yard a one hundred years from now still together.

2. KIRK!

KIRK!

Huh? Why? I'd rather imagine that people will dig it forever and keep it somewhere it doesn't get fucked up.

3. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I'm blown away by the sheer skill and craaftmanship involed in building this truly STUNNING Hot Rod, outstanding!

Nick.

4. jasone

jasone

Definitely the Tits!

5. farmer12

farmer12

Fantastic build, very impressive!

6. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

Just wanted to say I got a chance to see this truck in person in Columbus this weekend, and it's even cooler in real life than in this thread! Met Jimmy, and he's just about the most humble and easy going guy I've ever met. I almost couldn't even believe he was the guy who built it, as I'd expect someone with that much sheer talent and skill to have at least a *little* bit of an ego, but he doesn't...he saw my HAMB t shirt and asked if I had seen this thread here, which of course I have been following since the beginning. He showed me around the truck and answered a few questions I had about how he did a few things, and was super nice. EVERY inch of this thing is perfect, body, engine, interior, etc... I actually came back over to see it about 3 times... such a cool truck, and an amazing build by a super cool guy. -Joe

7. de-fenders

de-fenders

I also got to meet Jimmy and see his truck firsthand at the GG's show in Columbus and it was incredible, he is certainly a very talented guy.

8. rust&patina

rust&patina

you just have to see this truck in real living color :D very AWSOME job jimmy :cool:

9. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Amazing.

10. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Amazing, simply amazing. Talent most of us can only wish for...

-Dave

11. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

now all we need to do is find the model who looks like the one in the drawing and get that photoshoot done... :)

12. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I'd like to imagine that thing in my garage. Killer truck.

Doc.

13. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

I got to see this in Columbus, too, and it is even waaay nicer than it looks in pictures. Awesome truck, incredible talent. The best part was that Jimmy was a super nice guy on top of it.

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yep, photos don't do it justice. The attention to detail and perfection is amazing.

15. Hightone111

Hightone111

Think I just changed my mind...I'm going back to bicycles. This dude is rediculously talented and way too humble.

16. marioD

marioD

That built is unbelievable.....

Mario

17. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

Sweet as, talk about pure inspiration.

18. Beautiful!

BTW, what's the color; is it custom mixed, or an off-the-shelf hue?

-Bill

19. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

man that thing really looks good

20. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Met Jimmy and his wife at the Lead Sled Spectactular in Salina this past weekend........and WOW..what some workmanship!! And as a bonus, he , his wife, and son are some great people. Found out during our conversation that he and I have common friends from my hometown and that his wife is from a Tennessee town 30 miles from me!! Small world sometimes...if you get a chance to see this truck, be sure to look at the build photos to really get the picture on how awesome his workmanship is. The common onlooker will never know the truck is totally hand built and is aluminum........I kinda wished he'd never painted it because then everyone could appreciate the workmanship more....but he owns it and BUILT it so that's his choice. I've known some hellacious metal men in my time (thru vintage Indy cars)...........but this guy has to be at the top of the list! And it don't hurt a damn thing that he's from the great state of Missouri..................

21. marioD

marioD

the whole story is so unbelievable....
    Mario

22. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Yeah if there was ever the perfect car for no paint this would be it....only the people who followed this thread really know what went into it.

23. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I took this of the truck at the 2010 KKOA in Salina. Click the pic for a bigger view in my gallery.

[​IMG]

Very cool truck, extremely impressive thread on building it!

24. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

what an awesome awesome thread and an AMAZING metal man/all around man of many hats....

25. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

If any photo shoot is done to recreate Keiths painting with a model.....Please Please try to get Christina Hendrix from Mad Men.:rolleyes: Oh and a spread in Rodders Journal will be perfect since I have a subscription already. Trout

26. weez

weez

Works for me!

27. 193257

If you have any pics of her Post em up and I will try to get that arranged.

28. Christina Hendricks

[​IMG]

29. 193257

MAN!!!!! She's healthy. I see what I can arrange.