Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Wed Hot Rod nite is back at Bubbas!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GMC BUBBA, Mar 21, 2009.

1. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Ok were back!! Been one hell of a move and the new shop is working and ready for some wed night projects.
    Mikes " Suave" roadster was the last finished project at the old 30G location and had great reviews at the Motorama 62 Car show during the Indy World of Wheels.

[​IMG]

Carbon guys 27 T Coupe was next on our list along with the Lindross Valiant. All will start this wed evening so stay tuned !! Moved the T into the shop today and started the list and discussion. Got to be done for a Beatersville maiden voyage end of May , thats 8 weeks , better get busy........

[​IMG]

Which light do you like the best ....??

[​IMG]

The real T ? Thats what we thought ...:eek::D

Front steer guys is our "ackerman " out ???:eek::D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More info wed night .........................

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

where's the new shop?

3. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

We are now in the big building up front. Linder Fuel Injection 4-D Gasoline Alley.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looks like there is still plenty of room on the floor for a blowup matress.:D

5. 2b-banjo

2b-banjo

That shop looks much to nice!!!! Looks like great fun ahead!!!

6. Hell, maybe a few "blowup dolls" too.:eek::eek::eek: Oops, did i think that out loud!:D

7. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

We saved you and Megan a space under the neon sign, or you can have the orginal 1958 King aluminum camper out back.:D Coming to any Indy stuff this year??

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, will be in town for the Indy 500 and the GG event. Will PM you when the time gets closer with details. Please put my name in your reservation book.:D

9. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

Oooh, i do like that t

10. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

cant wait to see the buildup of that t after following the last build !

11. We'll be bringing the Valiant in this Wednesday for tear down. :) If all goes well we'll be going to the painters this Saturday.

If all goes well, we'll be going from this...

[​IMG]

to this...

[​IMG]

12. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I can't wait to see the teardown!

13. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Carbon guy brought his engine by today..........pretty damn cool ..:eek::eek::D

[​IMG]

14. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

awesome work space , and cool project

15. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Hell of a night for sure. First real work night at the new location etc. Lots of help didnt get a whole lot done but had some serious planning sessions etc. John figured out where the new bead blaster is located and started on the brakes.
    The guys had the body on and off a few times and plans are to take the body to Culbertsons sat morning for a cut and fit session then up to big Ds paint booth for some sand and set work.
    Engine was fitted , damn close to steering box ( may require a short spark plug) but over all everything looks like a go.

The Valiant is ready for the glass guy ( today) and off to Jeffs place for some paint...........went pretty well.
    Its a good day when a eight year old can remove the bumper bolts ( Calif car) ....:eek::eek::D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some serious stuff going on here for sure.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Another wed night has came and gone. After some fitting issues the body is off and on a few times , the engine has been in and out and the car was taken to Culbertsons for a few body mods, petal mount and seat riser extension. The car is back at our shop now and wed evening we go on the throttle. The body is off and on the lift , the engine is on the start up stand, the rear axle was taken out back for some grinding and paint.
    I turned the rear drums and dismounted the tires. The wheels are headed for powder coating and the body is heading to Big D Roach shop for some work and primer.
    The boys re-enginered the front axle ( a couple bugs here and there) and clened and waxed the frame for re-assembly. Good night for all.......:eek::D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even used a new yard stick to make sure its right !!!!!!:eek::D

[​IMG]

Slick Steve on the rear axle..............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting er done !!!!!!!!!!

17. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Had a couple minutes today and got the engine mounted on the run stand, bolted up the flywheel and plumbed the carbs with some fuel line etc. The carbs were put together some time ago and i wanted to check for leaks etc. Also primed the oil system and checked every rocker for oil before putting the covers on etc.
    Plopped in the " Bubbas Old School" distributor and lit er off , sound prety good ! Good oil pressure and will adjust , add some water and let er run some tomorrow..........

[​IMG]

So far so good, looking to get some stuff done tomorrow.........

18. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Cool projects.

19. chaddilac

chaddilac

Looks like fun times!!!

20. Hot Rod Mama

Hot Rod Mama

Scott looks like the bionicle man in the first photo... man, he works FAST!

21. Sat Update: What a great day, weather and work...:p

Bubba fired up the motor for more bench tuning...
    [​IMG]

Guess what he found....:eek:
    [​IMG]

We assigned the Noodle to do some paint,,,but I guess we should of told he WHAT to paint...:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

The crew started on re-assembly..
    [​IMG]

They discovered a nice tid bit.,,POSI...:D
    Can you say "BURNOUT>>>"..:D:D:D
    [​IMG]

Then on to the front...while Walt "The brake man" did his magic...

[​IMG]

The body is next....Just got back from floor mods...
    [​IMG]

And it sits and waits it's turn...

[​IMG]

22. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

We got a lot done today. Started out with almost a bare frame and ended with about 90% of all the suspention put back on. The brake lines are going on and look great. Fuel line and battery cable were also put on the frame. Bubba worked his magic on the motor and had that running. That was a hugh relief for me not ever hearing the motor run before. We just have a few little details to work out with it and it will be ready to go in the car. Next is putting in the motor and trans and pluming the clutch, and getting ready for a new drive shaft, and may have wheels and tyres on it. Stay tuned

23. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Looked like you guys were kicking ass today. Wish I could have stayed, but somebody's gotta raise these babies!!!!

I forsee this car being on the road in record time......

24. dodgeman33

dodgeman33
    from Indiana

Do I still get to stripe this Car !!!!

25. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

enjoying these builds ! looks like a hell of a nice new shop ya got there , keep the pics coming !

26. Gator

Gator

You guys do it up right, can't wait to see you all at Beatersville. You going to the preparty in Lousiville Saturday?

27. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

probable not , some our friends stayed the night before ( Roadrockets) and they wasnt any fun at all the next day, too damn hung over.
    We will be there for the show and the bar will be warmed up then.:eek::eek::D

28. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

For Wed night, I have a raditor we can play with and see how we can mount it. The new shocks are here and can be installed, and may have a drive shaft from an 8.8 rear end, which I think is the same bolt pattern for the yoke as the 7.5. Also some stuff from Speedy Bill is comming too. See ya then.

Dodgeman33, I have to see were we are with the paint on the body, but ya you will be able to do your magic on it.

29. Project Valiant is moving right along and the jams, under hood and trunk are well under way. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Gator

Gator

Yeah, that sounds about right - we like to have a good time.