Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Weber 32/36 on 53 235

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Medic4lifejr, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Medic4lifejr

Medic4lifejr

So my 53 has Langdons 32/36 carb upgrade. It has sat for a bit with fuel in it. The other day if I apply the throttle quickly it’ll wanna die as if running out of fuel. However if slowly applying throttle, it accelerates pretty good. So I have replaced the diaphragm for accelerator pump.
    Still issue persists, starts up and idles perfect just the instant of applying throttle quickly it’ll sputter.
    My Dad comes over to tinker with the carb and pointed my choke is fully opened. I assumed once it warmed up it should be fully open. Although my dad just applied little pressure on choke plate, just a hair, tested the throttle and it was perfect no hesitation. Messing with the Choke side piece, rotating the choke don’t seem to make any changes. It’s warmed up and it won’t move. We attempted with the electrical connector disconnected and connected as well.
    Looking through few PDFs file can’t seem to find ways to adjust the plate. When I accelerate my distributor does rotate, my point have been upgraded to Pertronix. I have an electric fuel pump.

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Do you see a squirt from the accelerator pump nozzle

3. Medic4lifejr

Medic4lifejr

I do see squirting

4. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

There should be no gap in any of the linkage between the throttle shaft and the accelerator pump diaphragm, and the fuel should start to come out of the squirter with the slightest movement of the throttle.

Here's a bit longer procedure for general setting up of the Weber:

https://www.carburetion.com/Weber/adjust.htm

5. Medic4lifejr

Medic4lifejr

I have fuel squirting throughout the whole throttle application. New accelerator pump installed.

6. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Have you checked for a vacuum leak?

7. Medic4lifejr

Medic4lifejr

No leaks found using carb cleaner