Register now to get rid of these ads!

Weatherstripping options?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cranium, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Cranium

Cranium

Howdy.
    The paint's on my '53 Customline now, and I'm looking forward to getting it back together. I'd like to get it weather-tight before I mess with the interior. I know my options are pretty limited for the rubber around the windshield and rear glass. I need the "right" pieces with the grooves for the stainless.
    Did I mention my car is STRIPPED? I need it all...
    But am I limited to Dennis Carpenter, etc., for the door stripping, or is there some generic Pep-boys type stuff that would work just as well? What about the window channels?

I look at newer cars, and the rubber in the window channels looks so much more effective than old felt strips, even if they were new. I've just never dealt with any of this type of stuff before, and I'm hoping someone else has.
    Motorcycles have much less in the way of weatherstripping. ;)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    And yes, I searched here and came up empty. Maybe I'm not using the search feature to its fullest...
    Thanks
    MZ

2. Gigantor

Gigantor

Have you checked out Steele Rubber?

3. HotRod55

HotRod55
    from Omaha,NE

Have you checked out Macs Antique Auto parts? they specialize in Ford parts. I have bought SEVERAL parts/pieces for my 55 ford from them.

http://www.macsautoparts.com/