Register now to get rid of these ads!

weatherstriping for my plymouth... where...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddylama, Oct 27, 2003.

1. daddylama

daddylama

...where should i get it? none of the big companies seem to have anything for the car... and it has none on it to compare to (i usually just break a chunk off and compare it to something).

Is it something that i can get on a roll, or is it a kit-only kinda deal? what the hell do i need?

wanna get some good quality stuff that's not gonna suck...
    have to make sure when im flying down the freeway, the wind dosent creep past the door and mess up my perfect pomp

ive seen that JC Whitney has some stuff, but dunno if it should be trusted- any good? And they dont list for the particular car... not a clue what it requires.

anywhere else?

my sanity thanks you...
    and some of the voices do, too...

2. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

what model do you have and what do you need? [​IMG]

3. daddylama

daddylama

guess that would really help...
    '55 belvedere 2 door post... the ONLY weatherstriping on the car is window channels for the non-existant front windows (need to get those soon), and the rubber for the windshield and backlight...
    need:
    door rubber
    vent window rubber
    trunk rubber
    um... think that's it

4. Edselow

Edselow
    from TN

5. 46mopar

46mopar

6. Pro Antique Auto Parts I'm almost positive has it. When I had my '52 I got their catalog, and they had some shit you wouldn't even think they'd still repop or have in stock. They cover All Mopar models, 1929 to 1964. Give them a call...

1-860-632-8274. Says they are open 9-5, fax 1-860-627-8061.

7. SKR8PN

SKR8PN

www.soffseal.com
    1-800-426-0902

They have a sample kit they can send along with your new catalog. Very nice quality and very good pricing.
    What I like about their stuff,is,you can get most of their items,with,or without,adhesive backing!

8. daddylama

daddylama

steele has some parts, but not the main stuff... just the molded 1/4 window rubber for $98... seems reasonable...

called soffseal... nada... (thought for sure they would)...

olmoparts DOES have the door rubber! $46/side... good price?

ProAntique didnt list anything online, left them a message...

JC Whitney carries the door stuff for it, and for the trunk... but im unsure of the quality... what brand stuff do they have? never actually ordered anything from them before.

Looking like i may have to piece stuff together from multiple sources... which i can live with. Just need to get something on there...

Thanks for the leads!!!
    -dan

9. 4gotn1

4gotn1

I used the JC Whitney stuff on my 51. It was alright but the stuff I used on my Duster was better. I believe it was sofseal. They didn't make it for it so I used one for a chevelle and it has been working since 93. If you want, I can cut you a sample off of my 55 2 door post for your doors and trunk. Then you can at least have something to match it too. As long it keeps the wind and water out it doesn't have to match perfect.

10. Bugman

Bugman

I need to know too, my '55 Plymouth trunk leaks worse than the titanic did.

-Bugman Jeff

11. luckystiff

luckystiff

i drive by steelerubber alot. it's only about twenty mile from my house. if you need any more info from them let me know and i can probably drop by there and get it for ya one day...ken....

12. ProAntique has rolls of weatherstripping for a 2 door for 46.50 as well... so that sounds about right. The trunk is 41 bucks. I've got their catalog... if they haven't changed prices in the last two years.

13. katzenhammer

katzenhammer

I just got my trunk seal for my business coupe from

http://www.oldmoparts.com/

and I am very happy with it. I like Andy Bernbaum. They are a little pricey but everything that I have purchased from them has been quality. The seal itself ran me about 40 bucks but it also stopped the incessant leaking and rattling of the trunk lid. I guess fork out the 46 bucks if it is really necessary. If you are sick of the leak or the windows rattling then replace them if not then blow the 46 bucks on something cooler. Are you still planning on makin the car a daily driver?

14. daddylama

daddylama

Oldmoparts, it is... for my door seals and trunk seal. Steele had the vent window's moulded rubber, gettin that, too.
    I'm a little more concerned with quality over cost... and everyone speaks highly of those companies

katzenhammer- yeah, making it a daily driver...
    Other than a couple little things, it's a nice car. Have almost everything it needs, just sitting here... so may as well do it to it.
    Ill post progress pics as soon as i start...

15. katzenhammer

katzenhammer

Cool good luck man. Daily drivers take balls. I used to drive my Plymouth more but the pocket book couldn't handle the daily driver abuse so for now it sits. I miss it. Plus now we are gettin winter weather.

16. wayfarer

wayfarer

I got some rubber for my '49 dodge from both steele and from Andy Burnbahm. Both were excellent quality, but the steele windshield rubber didn't fit right.
    [image]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwDVAssaUJfduZ*kz7gpm7tWpPyBKRZLWfHoYyLjn5BixeyS8rgbHf4VXuw45co[/image]

17. daddylama

daddylama

"Daily drivers take balls"....
    it's already MUCH safer/reliable/reasonable than my current driver- a '78 dodge 1/2 ton fullsize that's city utility orange, not a single option, 220k+ hard miles (and oh, it shows)... the previous owner changed the oil "every 10k to 20k miles, most of the time, since new". 5psi oil pressure at best, now... steering box gettin loose... coil springs keep breaking more and more... nothing has ever been done and i drive it EVERYWHERE. Figure the '55 has to at the least be better than this death-trap. Plus, girls just dont dig the pickup (cant imagine why)...