Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods We never learn!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 325w, Nov 1, 2016.

1. IMG_0976.PNG IMG_0974.PNG Better

Attached Files:

46international and tomkelly88 like this.
  2. IMG_0779.JPG Some glass today

cpd682 likes this.
  3. IMG_0802.JPG IMG_0802.JPG IMG_0802.JPG IMG_0803.JPG Installing a hood spring. 40 flat washers. A rigged up piece of tubing. A jack and chain. Stretch the spring close to 5 inches. Insert the washers and rigged up piece. Hold your breath wonder how bad this will hurt if it slips. Install and pry last two inches with a screw driver. Lived and no injuries. How do you get the last 9 washers out.

4. RMONTY

RMONTY

Dick I have a tool to install hood springs if I can find the damn thing. It's a piece of rebar with a hole drilled into one end and a fork forged into the other end. Let me know if you want to give it a try and I can drop it off with your flaring tool when I return it. I saw it a few weeks ago and I think I remember where it is.

5. Would like to see it. But I got the spring on today. Thank you.

6. RMONTY

RMONTY

I just watched a video on the washer trick....pretty slick way to do it...

Here's the tool I use to get them off. Gotta use the floor jack with it too.

Your car is looking great!

IMG_6991.JPG IMG_6992.JPG

brEad likes this.
  7. IMG_0860.JPG When hot in Texas take your work into the kitchen. Doing the fuzzies on the garnish moulding.

RMONTY and brEad like this.
  8. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. IMG_0917.JPG IMG_0920.JPG Got the rear bumper and guards rechromed. They were rough. Shop did a very nice job

10. RMONTY

RMONTY

Looking good Dick....I agree about the kitchen to be a good place to do things like that. I spent the evening rebuilding a carburetor sitting at the island in the kitchen.

Your car about ready for the road?

11. No Sir not yet. Been putting an OT Jeep together for a friend. Working in 76 degree building and getting paid. Had some issues with getting the shifter figured out on the powerglide trans. I think it's good now. How about you?

12. RMONTY

RMONTY

Working on the 51 4 door right now. Rebuilt the carb last night and going to try to wake it up from sleeping since 1993 a little later today. Had a set back with my shoulder. Some idiot was texting and rear ended me on 635 on July 20th and jacked my shoulder up a little bit but it's almost back to where it was before he hit me.

13. IMG_0937.JPG Fixing to set the valves as soon as my bud can get here to do it. Was going to finish wiring the starter but I've misplaced my Maxie fuse. I'd the aftermarket cluster.

14. Found the fuse holder on the work bench in plain sight!!!!!

15. IMG_1972.JPG Rear seat set in place

Fern 54 likes this.
  16. Update. New 350 crate motor is in place along with a rebuilt 350 turbo. Seems I couldn't get a starter to work on the 307. So out it came along with the aluminum powerglide.

Fern 54 likes this.
  17. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

That is one way to fix it!!:D

Durbinspeedshop likes this.
  18. Wednesday I finally got around to finishing the turn signal wiring. So next is making the powerglide shifter work. I'll try that today I think. Also finish installing the carb rebuild kit.

19. indyjps

indyjps

Cool build, I like your approach.

20. IMG_2110.JPG Got something done today. The Dearborn heater got it up to 77 so I was not cold.sd

21. Hot Rod Dan

Hot Rod Dan
    from Texas

Hey isn't that shifter for a '51? :eek:

Lots of people wish they had a 51 Chevy! :cool:

Gotta say it looks good!

22. No Dan! It's a 52 shifter. Couldn't find a powerglide shifter for a "54".