Register now to get rid of these ads!

We Need a "Who Does Louvers" Thread!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Mar 16, 2014.

1. There are several around our area that do louvers, a guy out in Wathena, KS does the old fashioned round ones with really old dies. Don't remember his name but the town is so small you could probably just ask @ the feed mill or café.

That said and to ad some shameless spam to the thread next time I need something punched I am making a trip to Phoenix. Its really to damned dry there for my taste, and the guy and I don't always see eye to eye, but I like him and he does damned good work.

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks 'Beaner! I didn't know we didn't always see eye to eye!?

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I think it's just because you guys were standing on a hill...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

5. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

We punch here in southeast Virginia.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Very cool! hard hood to do anything with, too.

7. We differ on suspension choice every once in a while, we are allowed to do that we are friends. ;)

Hey didn't you bang the old coupe up a while back and had the chassis with ElPolaco? Did he get it sorted out for ya?

Yea I know a rabbit trail, no one ever answers conversations any more.

8. flathead okie

flathead okie

Harold Watkins in Morris Oklahoma did mine. I have over 300 on my coupe. He's done alot of cars here in east central Oklahoma, been at it for years. Message me or Chadallac if you need his contact number

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sorry to go O/T, but yes it's home and just needing about two weeks of undivided attention... Which sadly, I haven't bee able to give it in the last year or so. Customer stuff first always! Soon!

10. sota

sota

another vote for Louver Dan, he just did my hood top for my new 32 roadster Great job! Dan

11. I can't recall from any articles (and can't find them right now either) but does anyone know who punched the louvers in Bill Vinther's '34? He had his headlight buckets done with tiny little louvers and I always loved that!

Steve

12. marioD

marioD

New Tooling

had a new Die made which is a copy of the original Austin Healey Le Mans / Sebring Louver
    IMG_3854.jpg IMG_3856.jpg IMG_3858.jpg IMG_3876.jpg IMG_3879.jpg

Mario

13. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

He does mine best I have ever had done and he is a good guy,toolmaker by trade and des em right 19534.jpg

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, that one is actually easy, Bill Vinther

15. J Ed Horton in Belton,S.C. punches louvers. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

here in Regina, Sask., Canada .... LOST ART HOTRODS 306 537 2664, we do 3 inch louvers .... GOOD TIMES LOUVERS dies.... over 30 years experience ... Thanx

17. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

have an old GM press i bought in a junk yard in 1974, was the same press i had seen in sebring at the races in 1958. has the original 1958 dies,3" flat top dies. punched a lot of louvers mostly for friends, did 450 +- in a 51 merc. hood w/hand pump, took 8hrs. and 2 6packs. hood was on 3 dif cars over the years. after that hood i bought a air/hydrolic pump. friend called last week to get louvers in his 34 coupe. only have one die, takes too long to change dies and get them set. looking for a set of dies for my pullmax, anyone have any??? Stuart fl

18. Jackscustoms

Jackscustoms

Jack's Customs
    2,3, and 4 inch old school hot rod louvers
    Jack Summey
    Clemmons, NC
    336-766-9584

19. John Schumont in Southfield MI.
    248-632-2725 Been punching louvers forever.Good guy.

20. Sharmack

Sharmack

Hello! Great thread. By any chance does anybody know anyone in Southern California that can louver? Read through all the replies, didn't see anyone. If you are in Southern California (the closer to Long Beach the better) and can provide this service feel free to PM me. Thanks!

21. McNeill's body shop in Monroe, NC!!!!

22. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

Thanks for the heads up Matt

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sharmack, I know there are a couple of guys over there punching, but I don't have any contact info for them. I also know that the last couple of years a good portion of my business is coming from the So-Cal area. I do ship by many means, all cheaper than you would think, and I also frequently have friends going back and forth that drop finished items or pick up for me.

24. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Chip, '32 hood top will show up this week and I think we need to add a few more louvers to the decklid to level things outs, so you got time this week?

need louvers ? likes this.
  25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Absatively! Just give me a call. I'll have you drop the hood and we'll add the decklid louvers right then.

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

27. Haha, I should have known! Those are some of the coolest, just because of the size and location.

Steve

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

29. rexrogers

rexrogers

old school is usually a round top louver the newer ones are a more commercial style flat on top.

I use the pulmax and have done a good deal of curved louvers over the years.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]