Register now to get rid of these ads!

We need a HAMB Store!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wingnutz, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Ryan

I've been going through the post's and noticed that many of us would contribute for T-shirts, dash plaques, stickers or anything else of support!

I would like to know if there are plans for the HAMB store...? Thinking that the store would be the place for auction materials as well as video's, and music cd's (car related of course!) of members that are willing to donate portions of the proceeds..., (I'm pretty ignorant on these proceedures) What are your thoughts...? [​IMG]

How can we help...?

Mark

2. This could really be a profit center as anyone could cruise in there when they want and purchase. A buyer wouldn't have to be in the loop of when a calendar or a t-shirt happens to be availbale.
    HAMB would have ot carry some sort of inventory, but I believe it would be profitable enough to make it worth while.

3. Damn good idea! I second the motion

4. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

I thought that's what the classifieds were for?

5. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought that's what the classifieds were for?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the suggestion is for a place to buy T-shirts, stickers, decals, hats, and any other HAMB-logo'd stuff.

Kinda like SoCal Speedshop, West Coast Choppers, or Von Dutch. (Just kidding! [​IMG] )

The classifieds are for parts and actual stuff to build cars.

I'd like to see it happen. It doesn't need to be a "profit center." It could just help the HAMB keep going.

That's my 2 cents.

--Matt

6. badpat

badpat

Kinda like SoCal Speedshop, West Coast Choppers, or Von Dutch. (Just kidding! [​IMG] )

[/ QUOTE ]
    saddly it aint no joke- a friend of mine is a buyer for hot topic, she called me to say she has just come out of intensive meetings with ryan. they were bidding against wal-mart to be the exclusive north american hamb dealer. she was talkin clothes, wallets, lunch pails, key chains, air freshners and womens purses. viva le hamb

7. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Let me know when them HAMB toenail clippers come in

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Not a chance in hell... I can barely keep my head above water how it is...

9. prime mover

prime mover

I can just picture walking up to A dork with a backwards hat and a HAMB shirt and ask him if he's a member, the reply would be no I'm just a hot rod poser jumping on the bandwagon, do you like my von dutch high tops?

10. Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there is a HAMB store we'll be seeing Justin Timberlake sportin' a HAMB T-Shirt before long. HAMB will be the next Von Dutch Originals.

I absolutely refuse to let this happen and will fight to the death over it...well, not really. I still don't think it should happen though [​IMG]

11. All this talk of HAMB merchandise is gay. The T shirts are cool. Our cookbook is a neat fundraiser (albeit kinda Martha Stewart) [​IMG]

12. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

yeah man, do you really want the HAMB to be super-commercial? it'd be nice for Ryan to make some dough for doing what he has done for so many people. i don't know him, only what he has said in the past, and that is that he doesn't want to profit from it, to do so may compromise the integrity of this place, or otherwise change the honesty of the discourse that takes place here. how cool is that? i'd say it was "punk rock," if i listened to more punk music. just buy extra HAMB shirts and whatnot when they come around. it seems like there may be more than enough goodies this time around anyway.

13. Paul

Paul
    Editor

This is the worst idea I've heard yet.

fuck fads.

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

60's, How do you manage to use so few words to express the obvious?

Frank

15. BELLM

BELLM

I just want a HAMB t shirt so I can meet fellow HAMBers, have people come up to me and say "Who the f are you & why you wearin that shirt?" [​IMG]

16. D Picasso

D Picasso

[ QUOTE ]
    I just want a HAMB t shirt so I can meet fellow HAMBers, have people come up to me and say "Who the f are you & why you wearin that shirt?" [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo. that's all.

17. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Prime Mover, I was at the Continental Club last March on the Friday before the Roundup and there was a kid running around in a HAMB shirt. So I said, "Oh, you're on the HAMB?" Expecting him to say that he was and what his name was.
    He said, "NO." real snotty and gave me a look like I had 5 heads. Hey buddy, if you run around an event where there's 100 members of a certain group, don't get all pissy if someone asks you if you are a member when you are wearing the shirt.

18. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

lol thats funny deyomatic

19. Just send Ryan some cash.You'll both sleep better for it. [​IMG]

20. hey maybe a secret hand shake!! [​IMG]
    the Reverand

21. John B

John B

I usually keep my mouth shut. This time I'll make an exception. This is suppose to be a fun simple place to hang out. Why do we need dozens of different shirts, plaques,hats and other stuff? I liked the first two shirts. One at a time. Got one of each. One at a time. I'm happy with that. But why make things so complicated? Maybe it's just me,but it seems the old timers of the board aren't really jumping on the bandwagon here. Something to think about people.

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Make them yourself on a low production scale (one or two). I made a few sticker magnets and gave them to some guys at the Stray Kat 500 and they turned out pretty good.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

JohnB, I think alot of the new guys are excited about the possibility of actually being able to purchase a t-shirt. The folks that have been around here for awhile have t-shirts already. Just like you stated, you have a couple. The new guys want to be able to support the HAMB and proudly wear the colors. I know, I for one, am excited. It's getting alittle chilly in this area to be cruzn topless all the time [​IMG] I need a HAMB t-shirt [​IMG]

24. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

I see what your talking about wingnutz. I've got a shirt, would love another, but it's kind of a bitch to figure out who's got them this month, where to send the money etc etc. I was cruising around the internet and found this place

www.cafepress.com

anyone ever use it? It might be a way for all the hambers that have come up with stuff to put it all in one place and a way for ryan not to have to mess with it.

But... having to struggle for your hamb shirt is also kind of a rite of passage haha. Like mentioned above I'd hate to go down to the local skatepark and see a bunch of fools driving hondas wearing HAMB shirts.

25. 30roadster

30roadster

I think wingnutz was just saying that a new section on the forum where we list auctions and HAMB things for sale would be useful....ryan has to keep the auctions "on top" in the HAMB...personally i haven't had a problem keeping up with it....but the idea is there...
    as far as an online store with credit card check out....plez no!

26. Antibilly

Antibilly

Ive got a store in my pants.....anyone wanta go shopping!!
    hahahaahah
    RYAN said no..............so let it go!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

27. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Well it was just a thought. I do have a problem keping up. I can't check the hamb every 3hrs and some posts are 3 pages back by then. then having to sift through 5 pages to see if there actually are tshirts for sale takes alot of time on dial-up. I could care less either way. Whether it is trad or not it is not as easy as it could be. And even if someone else handled it, more than likely Ryan would get sucked into dealing with it anyway, and I understand why he doesn't want to deal with it. I wanna another Tshirt dammit! [​IMG]

28. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I understand,

but when counterculture becomes commerce

it is destroyed.

Did you ever hear any recordings of true “beat” music?

or true "punk".

If you did the artist had sold out...

I may be wrong, there are some that can pull it off,

Ed Roth’s Rat Fink for example,

but it would be a shame if the HAMB logo were to become as common place as the Westcoast Choppers or Von Dutch logos seem to be.

What if the only people to get into the HAMB store had to have been members for a minimum of two years? Or had at least 2000 posts?

Or you had to prove you were worthy in some other way?

Like by participating in a HAMB event like the HAMB drags or HAMB chop?

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[ QUOTE ]
    Ive got a store in my pants.....anyone wanta go shopping!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a $5,000 credit limit on my card.... is that enough to purchase all the desirables in your "store"? [​IMG]

30. I think we should limit T-shirts to MEN only...

Only seems fair since MEN do the majority of the posting.

The HAMB belongs to Ryan, he has spoken, 'nuf said.