Register now to get rid of these ads!

>>>We Found a '32 3w......and we bought it too!<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Jun 28, 2012.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It's been a crazy couple months here at Casa De JJ. About 3 months ago I lost my job which was a huge kick in the balls because I was only left 3 days of health insurance and some appointments on the schedule for my son's birth defect. My wife's a stylist so she's not offered any being self employed so we were stressing a bit.

Well since I had some spare time on my hands I decided to make the most of it and start moving forward on an idea I had for a couple years which is Sugar City Speed Shop. I started doing some research and designing a few things so I could put one foot in front of the other. I also got the boss Ryan to build a website for me which he did and awesome job and I just need to give him the rest of the info to complete the store. Basically my thoughts were start a store where all these parts that were being hand built by guys like you could be collected and sold in one place all while providing inspiration for more of us to get out and build. So Sugar City is going to focus on helping those sell their parts and showcase them serving as a "local" speed shop of sorts since the parts are in fact built by people that could be your friends and neighbors and not overseas. It's all in it's infancy and I'm still working on getting that site finished but it's definitely moving in the right direction I think.

Then I get word from a good friend that he has a friend that's serving as a middleman to a women who's selling her late husbands hot rod collection off. We were sent a few photos of cars that were there and some of it looked cool so a few Iron Lords and friends hopped in some trucks and made the trek out to see what was all there.

Well when we got there we all made sure we were on the same page which was to let the women set her price and not beat her down as this was a hard time for her and wanted to be respectful. Well we were all just excited to be there having fun looking at cool old stuff and so we began looking around as a group. Out in a field there was a semi truck with trailer parked and looked like it had been sitting there for a long long time. I was lagging behind and checking out a Cuda for my neighbor when I seen them open the trailer and instantly knew what I was seeing. I galloped over there like a little kid and talked with my bud and fellow Iron Lord Dustin who was already "mind melting" with me by putting together a deal on it without even seeing in completely. Well we had discussed prior about going in on buying big stuff so this was going to be our big purchase for the day. We shook hands with each other and with the sell and made a deal for a super nice '32 3w body with a title. As we were pulling the body out were finding extras that go along with the body like the front fenders, dash, garnish moldings, grille shell with insert, floor section, etc so we were giggling like little kids each time we went in to grab something. Oh did I mention this '32 was sitting on top of a cherry '65 GTO? Yeah...

Meanwhile we weren't the only ones buying stuff. Our friend Skeeter was pulling out Original Magnesium Halibrand wheels, more '32 grille shells, magnetos, and all types of other hot rod paraphernalia.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So now I'm the half owner of a really cherry '32 3w along with my friend Dustin. Well since he had a '32 5w he's building and I don't need this car I think it was serendipity that we were able to buy this because now we can turn around and sell it and make a few dollars so that I can get my ducks in a row for the new baby I am expecting in February. Some people think we're crazy for not keeping it but neither Dustin nor I NEED it which makes it an easy decision.

When we got the car home we spent an evening putting it loosely back together so that we could start finding someone that would really appreciate the car. It's really in incredible shape with really only one area which is the floor being of concern. It seems that the car was channeled and that's why the floor was cut out. It had a flat firewall brazed in but the incredible thing is that the Roof Is unchopped and even though the roof and cowl has been filled, the frame work for them are completely in place underneath. If we were to guess we'd probably say that the car was a hot rod at one time which is where it gets the firewall, floor, dash and yellow paint and then was last used to make molds for fiberglass bodies since there is evidence of resin on the body.

So yeah it's been a pretty crazy couple months but exciting as well. Ya know how people say everything happens for a reason? I don't know, it's definitely looking that way. If you're interested in this thing PM me but if not take this as a lesson to follow every lead you hear. You never know!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Wow! That's unreal. Yay you!

3. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. So, the big question is. HOW MUCH you want for it??????????

5. pumpman

pumpman

Great story man, thanks for sharing. Best of luck to you on your new venture and congratulations on the coming event in February! Wish I had the bread for that 32.

6. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Holy shit. I need to go to sugar city...

7. Damn!

Nice solid find you got there Jeff!

Sooooo.... How many inches ya' takin' out of that roof???

8. Least it was not a. Barn find thread. Hope all works for you.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet. If I had the money to spend I'd be in the bunch bugging you over it.

10. Bring condoms!

11. How about more pictures of the other stuff? If the Deuce is that nice, what was everything else like?

12. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Awesome,Congrats. Ive been thinking about 3 windows an awful lot lately.

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

None needed. We Dock.

I'll see if there are an pics of the other stuff. I didn't take any because I thought it might be frowned upon while there but I guess looking back it would have been ok.

Everything was really nice.

14. 100% Matt

100% Matt

First off... this is a great story and you guys getting that 32 is well deserved. Second the Sugar City Speed Shop concept is fucking brilliant! I will absolutely do whatever I can to support it. I think I'll start with buying one of your fine shirts:D

15. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

You're really nice.

Guys, I know Jeffy pretty well. And I can say Sugar City will be an awesome venture. JJ has great taste and a lot of design talent as you can see from his shirts. Put that together with hand made in the USA hot rod parts and you've got a winner for sure.

16. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

17. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Cool find -- congrats!
    Sorry to hear about your job and best of luck on the Sugar City Speed Shop venture.

This thread will definitely get more attention than posting it for sale in the classifieds. ;):D

Malcolm

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well I was waiting to post it in the Classifieds since we were working with a potential buyer but it fell thru so i'm gonna list this weekend once I get some better photos.

Thanks guys!! I appreciate it so much!!

19. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

That dude will be kicking himself for not buying it. This thing is NICE!!!!!

20. Low Fat 38

Low Fat 38
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norton,Ma

You fall into crap and come out smelling like a rose. Great score on the 32 but I still have hopes you will finish up the 36.

21. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

sooooooooo........ tell me about the 65 gto ?

22. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome, well done. Good job on taking care of the old lady and not trying to rip her off as some might have.. You have class my friend.

23. Okay....

So what's it gonna cost ME to take inches out of that roof??? :D

Oh and another vote for telling us about that '65 GTO! :cool:

24. 32Tudor396

32Tudor396

25. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

X3. More on the GTO. :)

Sorry to hear you lost your job 3 months ago but it sounds like you'll be able to pull through it. Sugar City Speed Shop is an awesome idea and I'm hoping you see incredible success with that venture.

26. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

27. When I first saw the thread title, I was thinking, "Man, some guys have all the luck."

After reading this, I realize it's not luck. You get knocked down, but pick yourself back up. For that, you deserve your rewards.

I hope that the sale of this helps to square away your family's medical bills. Best of luck with Sugar City!

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I didn't get a great look at the GTO but I looked nice at first view. I wanted to go back for it as my father had a '66 but I cannot justify keeping any more cars. If I go back I'll get some info.

29. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Congratulations on a great find!
    That is why I keep listening, and looking, and calling, and looking, and watching and looking.............you never know.
    And best of luck on your employment situation.

30. Congrats on the amazing find!
    Letting her set her price, that's class.
    Sugar City store is a great concept and website.
    You found something that hadn't been done, and you're on it!
    I also believe everything happens for a reason,and most things
    sort themselves out with time.