Well, 57HEAP and 57 Trucker came up to help me start my motor this weekend. House of Fab stopped by for a while too. It's a 283 with three Rochesters. The heads, cam and lifters are new and the short block has some miles on it. Here are a few pics of us preparing to start it up. The video will follow. This is the first time we tried to start it up – sweet backfire. Here's another start attempt where we discovered the first problem. We think the float on the back carb is stuck so gas shot out of the vent. Watch the top of the grille shell – you'll see it. Here it is at idle. Notice the smoke coming from the oil filler and the road draft tube. The tight new heads might be forcing a bit more oil past the rings in my used short block. I was getting concerned at this point, but oil pressure was a good 40 - 45 pounds. The Good: Well, we got the engine running, and determined that my homemade clutch cable set up is going to work nicely. The Bad: The back carb needs some work since the float's sticking, and the center carb is leaking gas between the body and the base. I'm going to take the carbs back to the guy that rebuilt them. The smoking from the breather and the road draft tube led us to do a compression check and we learned the really bad news – number 5 and 6 have pretty low compression – 50 and 60 pounds – so now I'm looking for a short block to build. I'll put this one on the road and drive it, but I'll swap out the bottom end eventually. This sucks.