I've had this '53 Chevy wagon for about four years now and have been working on it off and on. I got sidetracked with a truck restoration to sell and putting together a '63 beetle for my wife. I've really been pushing on it for the last few months and am hoping to have it on the road in the next couple of weeks. I've posted things once in awhile, but I thought I'd put together a build thread that I can keep updating. I would like to say this was the before picture, but it was another '53 wagon I snapped a pic of in the middle of nowhere: The car was actually a running, driving car that I was told was restored at one time in the early 80's. It did have a '55 replacement 235 in it, which I'm told only had 14,000 mi. on it when I bought it. I had originally planned on lowering it and driving it, but the long road trips we take and some input from my wife changed the direction. I swapped in an automatic on an adapter behind the 235, as well as a 10 bolt rear out of a '79 camaro. While working on getting it on the road, I also rewired it, painted the dash and put some new guages in it. I also went through the suspension, repacing most of the seals, cutting the coils and cleaning and painting everything. I also installed a dual chamber MC using the kit from NCA. I painted the grille white instead of the original black and cleaned and painted the bumpers. I'll have them chromed down the line (the grille now has 7 teeth in it, but they weren't in when the picture was taken). The car always had some bubling on the tailgate, so I decided I'd grind off the paint, see how bad it was, and fix it. It turned out to be completely gone and filled with chicken wire and bondo. I had new inner and outer lower tailgate skins made at a local sheet metal shop and proceded to replace the bottom of the gate. When I got the car, it had sheet metal pop-riveted over cut out floors. I was going to wait and just drive it that way, but I decided I had some spare money so I may as well replace the floors. While drilling out the pop-rivets, I discovered that the dogleg areas of the rear doors had alot of bondo on them. After grinding it out, there were pop-riveted galvanized sheets all over those areas too. Here's what was hiding (Apparently, I don't have pictures of the passenger side, but it was almost as bad). I posted a wanted ad here on the HAMB and desertradrodder hooked me up with the parts I needed from a '54 four door he had in the yard. I had the parts blasted and proceeded to piecing it all together from the inside out. Driver's side: Passenger side: I also replaced the floor (Don't mind the fire extinguisher dust, I set the donor seat foam on fire): I also built a K-member for the frame, just to beef everything up: My wife and I eventually want to tow a small trailer, so I decided to replace the 235 with an economical 307 that came out of my friend's mom's '69 Chevelle. After a couple of failed attempts at using exhaust manifolds, I finally settled on a 265 driver's side manifold that actually fit. I was against using headers, as I wanted the car as quiet, simple and cool as possible. I mounted the engine with the old Hurst style saddle mounts that are available from Speedway. The engine will be dressed with a 409 air cleaner and I drilled and tapped the rear of the manifold for a PCV so I didn't have to punch holes in the valve covers. That's all I have for now, but I'll keep on updating it. My plan is to finish the floors in the front tomorrow and start installing the 400 sq. ft. of insulation I bought from lobucrod. My seats are being reupholstered and are supposed to be done on Friday. Hopefully, I'll get the thing running and driving next week, so I can take it to the exhaust shop. After that, it'll get squirted in primer and hit the road. I plan on painting it over the winter a dark blue with a white top.