Register now to get rid of these ads!

Watson Grapevine clone for sale.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Donzie, Jul 1, 2004.

1. JamesG

JamesG

Anymore pics of the Grapevine, real or clone?

And I wonder what happened to the real one?

2. Donzie

Donzie

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    What a bunch of pussies! Yes, I said PUSSIES!!
    Hell, now days you couldn't probably build that car for twice the money.
    I'm gonna say it again...pussies!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes,we're all pussies..and so are you because YOU didnt buy it either!
    Creepy

[/ QUOTE ]

I already own a '49 Fleetline and a '50 sedan, like I need another one! Then again, what's one more?

3. Well one of you fags better buy it before some middle aged nerd biscuit gets it and TPI's it, Billet clads it and throws some Boyds on it!! [​IMG]

4. Sailor

Sailor

The clone (on ebay) looks nice, but man it sits waay too high compared with the real thing.
    Also; The Grapevine went through three configurations/paitjobs for Watson, -all inside a short period of time. The ebay one is a clone of the second stage, while the scalloped one is the third and last stage.
    I have attached a pic of the first stage (no molded grilleopening and no Olds headlights yet)
    I love that car in all 3 configurations.

Attached Files:

5. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I believe I read in TRJ that the original car wound up wrecked and thrown into a landfill back in the day.

6. haring

haring

[ QUOTE ]
    The clone (on ebay) looks nice, but man it sits waay too high compared with the real thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grapevine was a low car. Any lower and it would have been completely undriveable, and Watson knew it. I read somewhere that he got a ridiculous number of tickets and almost lost his license over it. That car would undriveable here because the roads are so uneven. The clone does look a little goofy sitting comparatively high, but I would address that with airbags.

7. JamesG

JamesG

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Grapevine was a low car. Any lower and it would have been completely undriveable, and Watson knew it. I read somewhere that he got a ridiculous number of tickets and almost lost his license over it. That car would undriveable here because the roads are so uneven. The clone does look a little goofy sitting comparatively high, but I would address that with airbags.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I read correctly he did loose his license, for life....?

Also ********UPDATE******** I emailed the guy that owns it and he said he wants 14,000 for the car..........So I assume it would'nt have mattered if only one Hamber bid on it, if he did'nt bid atleast a grand he would'nt have won it anyway. His no reserve auction was bull shit. [​IMG]

8. the original wound up in a land fill in albany, oregon i believe i heard in the late 60's. the local clone in eugene (the 3rd stage) is a dead on clone. ive talked to the guy many of times about it. he did research on it for a long while before he built it, just to get it right. from the engine, to the exterior, to the interior, to the trunk. hes got a full foto album of the original car, with fotos he got from watson, former owners, etc. but the clone runs on no bags and he drives it every day. its his only car last time i talked to him...

Attached Files:

9. the reason randy rhoades car sit's lower is because he has a nova front clip and manuel arteche doesn't. the reason i know is because randy is my best pal, and the car he used was my grandpa's old car. it was flat black when he had it

10. manuel just has the stock 50 chev front with airbags. when him and randy went to paso they oarked next to each other and he could'nt get it down lower. randy recalls"it was kinda embarissing, my car was already low and he could'nt even get close!"

11. This thread is over 4 years old...

12. so.....it's a cool car!!!