Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Watch Out!!! Scam Artist Joseph A Cates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by inliner2318, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Cowtown

Cowtown

Yep! Got me too, Yesterday!!! See other post on Stephen Carson

els likes this.
  2. I hope someone can catch this guy and do some damage before he scams someone else. That is just plain WRONG.
    Vic

els likes this.
  3. BJR

BJR

I think the wanted ads should only be viewable to Hamb members with at least 10 posts in the forum. That would solve most of these problems.

els, pat59 and 6inarow like this.
  4. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Use your nose, smells like $h1t, usually is poop, BTW, I have stepped in it more than once. Hate that smell

6inarow, RonaldR and els like this.
  5. 6inarow

6inarow

Ding ding ding we have a winner. wonder why the admins wont do this.

els likes this.
  6. PM Ryan,only he can answer this

els likes this.
  7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

10 posts could be done in a day by replying "cool" to various posts. How about a couple hundred posts and a year on the HAMB to establish some residency before a member can earn the right to list parts in the classifieds?

kiwijeff, Petejoe and els like this.
  8. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is how Ryan has it set up over at the Garage Journal. You can't post anything in the classifieds until you have had a total of at least 100 posts on the other discussion forums on the website.

els likes this.
  9. pigfluxer

pigfluxer

He will get the wrong guy one day,cameras at the money transfer facial recognition.The means are there.

els likes this.
  10. 6inarow

6inarow

but that wont stop thieves from patrolling the wanted ads.

els likes this.
  11. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, that is definitely true.

I will admit I have no idea how the mechanics of a website like this work. Maybe BJR is on to something above - perhaps the classifieds could be made un-viewable to anyone who doesn't have a certain number of posts in the forums. That still won't weed everyone out but I bet it would cut down the number of scumbags that do this kind of stuff.

els and 6inarow like this.
  12. Gman0046

Gman0046

Over the years I've bought numerous car parts off eBay that I couldn't find elsewhere. Right now my transaction count is right at 300 items both buying and selling. The actual count is even higher as lots of folks don't always leave feedback. The only item I ever purchased that wasn't right was a vintage Sun Super Tach ll that was supposed to be new which it wasn't and arrived damaged. I returned the tach to the seller and eBay refunded my money. At least with eBay you have recourse if an item is not as advertised. Lots more protection then sending money to an unknown seller through Walmart or a Postal Money Order.

craig b blue, els and timwhit like this.
  13. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Because it won't work. I was burned by a guy with 150+ posts that were all hot rod related.

els likes this.
  14. 6inarow

6inarow

I have been burned by 2 guys here. I think it would be a hell of a lot better if we were burned only by HAMBers than the general public like this ding a ling. IMO he never should have had access to our ads here if he isnt a memeber

els and pat59 like this.
  15. Now that I think about it. When this guy called me back in May and indicated that he was in Reno Nevada cleaning out his father in laws place . I tried to get a friend down there to go over and buy the fenders that he says that he had. It is a good thing my friend could not get to the guy. If this guy was scamming , there definitly would be hell to pay. My friend does not play well with scammers.
    Vic

els likes this.
  16. martyk98

martyk98
    from washington

Your not alone. The asshole that took me was rechroming bumpers. Took the parts and the money and disappeared. He has other Hambers here that know who he is. He comes back to Washington he will be arrested.

els likes this.
  17. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RE. Post 57 on this thread. Got another call today from a guy sounding very much like the same one from 10 days ago. He left a message and a call back number------510/513-3683. I returned the call and got no answer. Almost immediately he called back saying his wife had a set of 33 Dodge fenders inherited from her father. Price $450. I ask for his address. 5315 Dubhe Ct. Concord, Calif. I said I would have a friend come look at them. He hung up before I could get his name. Map quested the address. Dubhe Ct. numbers don't go up that high. So, either there is more than one of these scammers checking the wanted posts or the guy forgot he called me 10 days ago.

18. RMONTY

RMONTY

I guess the fool doesn't have time to read the threads.... just the wanted ads. Or he is really stupid. You'd think if he was reading the threads he would be laying low... if it is the same unsub.

els likes this.
  19. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

If that isn't a valid address then how does he get the payment?

els likes this.
  20. OP said he sent it to Walmart.

els likes this.
  21. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

There is a website or two dedicated to scamming scammers. Reading some of the posts can be hilarious.

els and kiwijeff like this.
  22. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

Just got done on an international eBay deal ,,bought this fill tube and "cap",,,paid for and sent no problems ,but cap didn't arrive ,,damn annoying ,,the dark black one turned up ,,doubtful it's the same part ,,seller insisted he "only had the one ",,

Attached Files:

els likes this.
  23. These turkeys have a dozen or more sites covered, the last thing they will do is read threads about them.
    As soon as they are rolled on one site, they just hit the other 56. They don't have any affiliation with car parts, or toys, or electric donkey bottom wipers. They will have exactly what you want, be it an antique chair or a microphone.
    You have exactly what they want, loot. Don't give them credit for being clever, they generally are not. They are just lucky, until they get caught.

24. Maybe some of us should make false wanted ads, and start sticking it back to them, but we would have to ask Ryan first I guess.

Probably not a great idea, but it would be nice to stick it back to them.

els likes this.