Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Waste Oil

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ccain, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RmK57

RmK57

Good news, found a place in North Vancouver that takes used oil. Couple mile drive and there is no limit and you can also get you old containers back.

I wouldn't bother with the facts part of it, people have already made up their minds.

Blues4U and upspirate like this.
  2. [​IMG]

It's only a matter of time with you lot. :D

3. I pretty much agree with Jack Sparrow but no need to make fun of anyone who has special problems.

lonejacklarry likes this.
  4. When I was a kid there was a black stripe in the center of each lane of the blacktop. From oil leaking out of the engines. Some folks never changed the oil just the filter because the oil changed itself.

5. Yeah, and when most of us were kids, they were still puttin' cocaine in Coca-Cola... So...

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  6. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

7. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

The HAMB never fails me! Lol

Bones

Truckdoctor Andy and ccain like this.
  8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Yes but I'm persistent when I know truth. The pic correct was great!

Time to put this thread to bed....zzzzzzzzz

9. This is the very lovely Elizabeth Cochran Seaman aka "Nellie Bly":

[​IMG]

She was a reporter for the Pittsburgh Dispatch and The New York World in the late 1800s. She was the one that exposed that infamous asylum AND she successfully circumnavigated the world in 80 days.

Pretty impressive, right? But wait, there's more!

Nellie here also ran factories called The Iron Clad Factories.

[​IMG]

And, as if that weren't enough, she held several patents. One of the more notable patents she held was for this:

[​IMG]

Yup, Nellie Bly invented the 55 gallon drum, which incidentally, IS WHAT I WAS ASKING ABOUT IN THE FIRST PLACE. :D:p

All this science and or science denying stuff, while a VERY important topic of discussion, isn't helping me get this pile of jugs outta my shop.

And, as far as the planet... I care about leaving my grandkids something better than just a mess to clean up. But aside from that, I just want a better way to store used oil safely, responsibly, and cleanly before I take it to the reclaimers. That's all.

I agree with Fotunateson, on this one, it's time to put this thread in the archives.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Old wolf and VANDENPLAS like this.
  10. trollst

trollst

Fortunate son, I'm not on board the popular, the sky is falling, we're all gonna roast like pigs on a stick boom, but I favour the thinking behind some of it, while pointing out things like oil seeping into the peace river from the tar sands in alberta for the last thousand years. Removing the oil and replacing the clean fill is bad news? To who? Environmentalists? Practical people would see the sense in using a product that can be found in puddles on the ground.

Old wolf likes this.
  11. 89C82F93-84C8-4F8E-8CCF-C6566DA93D0F.jpeg 14FA9D17-175C-421D-BA52-56DDB23F6B17.gif 89C82F93-84C8-4F8E-8CCF-C6566DA93D0F.jpeg

This is what I use in my service van to hold old oil when I do service on customer sites.
    Light, cheap, does not leak .
    And on topic
    Lol

nochop and ccain like this.
  12. Well I would rather have a landfill and a oil refinerery that stored their crude oil in earthen tanks right next to my place. Than all those stinking Chicken grower houses that are within a 1/2 mile of my place. That rotting corpse smell is air pollution.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  13. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

False. There is nothing occurring today that is historically unusual, nothing. I know if this topic heads off in this direction it will be closed, but believe me that if you want to debate this I will slaughter you with facts that you cannot defeat. There is NO anthropogenic global warming, if you believe there is, congratulations, you've been propagandized.

Boneyard51 and Old wolf like this.
  14. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wonder how the planet ever warmed up from the ice ages without the imagined pollution from cars, cow farts, and hairspray, etc.

15. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Damn, the way this thread went off topic and went off into never never land, I would have never believed this has only been going on for a couple days and somehow still hasn't been shut down!

Boneyard51, Old wolf and ccain like this.
  16. I don’t know who is crazier the end of the world guys or the everything is fine guys.
    I do know that nobody actually owns jack shit when it comes to land. We are just caretakers. When we die we will be lucky to get a 6 by 3 foot piece of it. So let’s do what we can on our shift. Fucking it up can’t be justified, no way no how.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.