Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wasp/hornet removal under a car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by partsdawg, Aug 21, 2013.

1. 1967gt

1967gt
    from ohio

Really ??? Are you ¿■●\|{ kidding me

2. 2racer

2racer

imagine that, the first answer you got worked...good luck

3. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

I vote flame thrower. :D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. historynw

historynw

Holy Crap...those aren't cars they're wasp nests on wheels.:eek:

5. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

The best test on a hot summer day is to sneak up on the car you want, kick the straightest panel on it as hard as you can and don't move until you are sure nothing flew out. If you did see varmints flying around run as fast as you can to safety. Get 5 gals of gas and saturate complete vehicle and light'er up. That will usually clear most unwanted creatures for a day or two.hahahahahh!
    The older I get the more I am allergic to both snakes and insects. I really prefer to wait until it is about 20 degrees outside. Mosquitos, ticks, wasps, bees, and snakes are not a problem then.

6. LWEL9226

LWEL9226
    from So. Oregon

CLOROX in a spray bottle, it drops the critters and melts their nest, turns it to mush.
    LW

7. old1946truck

old1946truck

I think that is where you might need a flamethrower!?!

8. I like to fire up the nearest cow. May as well put all that wasted methane to good use!!-MIKE:eek::D

[​IMG]

9. ChefMike

ChefMike

I recommend over kill take a couple cans with you spray the car really well and let it sit for a bit ! before you take her and I would pressure wash her after you get her home.

10. I ain't never seen anything like this!!

11. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

That 55 looks unreal,could you imagine crawling in it to look up under the dash for something,only to realise where you were.I have never seen anything close to that before. Harvey

12. I had carpenter bees one summer in my 2nd story unpainted soffet. My wife called our bug guy, he came over and dusted them with boric acid. Which has a low toxicity over other chemicals. Some fell right out of the hole on the spot dead, guess they got a face-full. Supposedly it works on any bee.

I had some wasps under the rail of my deck a couple months ago, carb cleaner took care of that fast, even knocks them out of the air with a direct hit.

Bob

13. George

George

Where's a good place to get it?

14. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

When I read the tag line for this thread I thought he wanted to remove Hudson engines from the bottom. I was going to tell him that wouldn't work (Maybe it would on a "Hash" which was a unibody.). But now I know 50 ways to get rid of non-Hudson wasps.

15. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I'll probably get spanked for saying this , but my first thought when reading the OP question was, " man...if you don't know how to kill a few hornets how can you expect to work on cars ".

16. Scott De Shields

Scott De Shields

Pyrethia, made from Chrysantimum flowers. Drops them in there tracks and isn't bad for your health.

17. 2racer

2racer

this is turning into another how do you wash it thread...

18. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Stories and tips, its what we do.
    Sittin around with a couple thousand of your best smartass friends.
    How can it get better? Beer, a BBQ, women of questionable integrity?
    Well, OK, theres a few.

19. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

Great thread, nothing wrong with a little humor..... we come here to learn something, and enjoy ourselves I thought.
    That 55 and Ford truck are NUTS!!!!!

For Sale: Yellow Jacket Resort.... comes with free 1955 Chevy

20. Cadillacjerk

Cadillacjerk

Does anybody else get the "whim whams" just looking at that 55?

21. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

[​IMG]

just went through it myself! Get the stuff with the 25' stream and get some quick shoes:D

22. biscaynes

biscaynes

wow! that's right out of a '50s horror movie!

23. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Man that looks right out of a horror movie!!:eek:

** dangit Biscayne you type too fast lol

24. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

LMAO!! You shoulda saw my big 7' ass last time I got hit.. those BASTARDS HURT!!!!! I didn't know I could run that fast or trip that hard over the trailer hitch...:(

Stay at it and Good luck loading the truck..

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  25. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Looks like something out of a horror flick...ugh heebie jeebies...

26. ronk16

ronk16

wd40, renders them flightless instantly, step on and repeat....

27. oneredryderone

oneredryderone

sorry but i got to the party 'late'! i use an industrial spritz sprayer--fill it with K-1 kerosene, adjust the spray head til i am able to 'reach the nest from a safe distance' then begin working the trigger like crazy! the bees, hornets, wasps, will drop like mad! if i have the luxury of working at night , i will have a friend aim a flashlite---[the 'buggars' are on the nest at night, and are not accomplished nite flyers!] then begin the spraying. FIRST, K-1 is not a poison! SECOND does not have a high flash point like gasoline!! THIRD is very reasonable, something like $4 per gallon! PLUS, will evaporate without leaving a mess!

BY-THE-WAY i am /hyper/super allergic to bee, wasp, hornet, and wasps stings, this works for me every time!

i have used a 2 gallon fruit sprayer on occasion.

this has worked for me for over 25 years in many situations.

thanx red

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  28. txturbo

txturbo

I just got attacked by killer bees two weekends ago while mowing grass around an old house at my other place where I store my parts and project cars. Got about 30 stings on my face and neck. They have a hive under the house someplace so i didnt have direct access to the hive or i would have soaked it with dawn and water. Went back last weekend with some dust insecticide,a handheld spot blaster, and my diesel powered air compressor and fogged the whole house.
    For wasps, yellow jackets or hornets and thing that evaporates quickly will kill them almost instantly (carb cleaner, brake cleaner, gas, paint thinner...etc)...it drops there body temp and they drop.

29. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

That looks like a need for some industrial grade spray gear,....hooked to a BIG supply tank !

4TTRUK

30. I've been known to use starting fluid and a lighter when fire isn't a problem. Spray and light the stream, little bastards will sense the motion of the flame and fly right into it, wings don't work so good afterwards.