Register now to get rid of these ads!

Washington State E vs W flathead run 2011 report and tons-o-pics!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

Some fans on the way to vantage

Attached Files:

2. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Sorry we couldn't make it. I'm sure you heard about how the water pump on our ride went out. Me and Marty (dynaflash_8) were sick to our stomachs that's we couldn't present the trophy

3. MrModelT

MrModelT

Chris,

It looks like you had a great turn out and good safe trip! Chris Becker and I regretted not being able to go, but work schedules and not have our rigs finished impeded that greatly. We will surely be in attendance next year for sure with both rigs (my roadster and the "Becker Special") for sure....properly run in from the trip to Bonneville next year.

Clayton - Mr.ModelT

4. Wish you could have made it, I really wanna see that Model T in the flesh!!!

5. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

Great pics Chris! And thanx Steve!

6. jipp

jipp

you said fans i seen the sign but could not read it till i blew it up.. i was surprised to see "flatheads suck" who pee'd in their cheerios :D
    hope every one honk their horn on the way by to say thanks.. heh.
    chris.

7. hershambob

hershambob

wow,theres some nice panels

8. MrModelT

MrModelT

Next year for sure! :D

This run has been on my "to do" list for the last 2 years now, and I don't intend to miss out again!

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great batch of Photos Chris. I think I got at least one photo of every flathead powered car there in the photobucket album that Payne posted the link for. If I missed a car with a flathead in it it wasn't intentional.

I've seen Mr Model T's roadster up close and it is a car with a whole lot of charactor and he got the look just right.

10. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice Pics. Looks like a whole lota Fun !

11. Killer pics

Rat

12. seatex

seatex

bitchin' cars, Bitchin; show. Thanks for the pics!

13. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Bitchin' cars....AWESOME doggy.....

14. Congrats to the Eastside, you spanked the West. Chris thanks for sharing the pictures. Family plans conflicted with East vs West for me. I would have drove my 49 Coupe... Great event, my hats' off to all Thee Inland Emperors way to go !!. Can I still get a shirt ? LOL

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  15. Chris, you lead a good life, a fine woman riding "shotgun", a fine looking hound "watching your back" and a great bunch of friends with flathead powered hot rods to hang out with in the "Metropolis of Vantage"! It just doesn't get any better than that.;) Man I have to get to that event sometime, but I'll have to get a Ford first, even my original Stovebolt 6 was an overhead.:p

16. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

That "Flatheads Suck" sign was pretty cool. To show our appreciationfor their obvious support,
    Jerry and I stopped on the way back and sat out front honking my obnoxious horn untill the dogs went insane, but no one came out. Your fans must not have been home.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  17. Wow...just WOW! Seeing all the flatmotor cars/trucks with the Columbia River gorge in the photos??? Wow...I was born and raised a little ways downstream in The Dalles and I really miss it. Looks like you guys had a blast.
    I'd LOVE to attend next year if possible.

18. A Rodder

A Rodder

phenomenal!!!!

19. I will be doing a shirt's sale in the "misc" section of the classifieds in the next couple days, so keep your eyes peeled.

20. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Plus you have a Dad that you share a hobby with. I found out after my Dad passed away that he used to drive a '33 Highboy in his younger days.

21. PG

PG

I've always admired your car.

22. Thanks Chris, looks I missed a great time...

23. bykerlad

bykerlad
    from australia

can it get any better than this.....congrats to Chris,and the Emperors

24. billylo

billylo

Beautiful pics Chris I want a T shirt. Keep me in mind.

25. billylo

billylo

I really liked Dave Mehelich's 3 window. His motor looks vicious.....[​IMG]

26. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

Thanks

27. He let my Dad and I sit in it and fire it last year at his home. On my turn, the carb linkage over centered and it stuck wide open for a second while he rapidly went for the kill switch!!! Car is BITCHIN!!!

28. jmikee

jmikee
    from washington

Thanks for the photos Chris and for your group's efforts putting this on. I couldn't make it this year due to my 50th high school reunion being that day but wait till next year.