Register now to get rid of these ads!

Washington auto repair law

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 42grasshopper, May 28, 2011.

1. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

What does the face to face contract mean? Would that be an oral contract?

Why don't lawyers have to follow these laws?

2. a2ndwind

a2ndwind

I know this thread is a few years old and I hope everything worked out for you. I did not see a definitive answer to your question based in Washington so I am putting this update for other readers:

Written estimate required — Alternatives — Authorization to exceed — Exceptions.

(4)(a) A written estimate is not required for the repair of any vehicle that:

(i) Qualifies for a horseless carriage license plate as defined in RCW46.04.199
    or a collector vehicle license plate as defined in RCW 46.04.1261;

(ii) Is a street rod vehicle as defined in RCW 46.04.572 or a custom vehicle as defined in RCW 46.04.161; or

(iii) Is a parts car, which, for the purposes of this section, means a motor vehicle that is owned by a collector to furnish parts for restoration or maintenance of a vehicle described in RCW 46.18.220(1) or 46.18.255(1), thus enabling a collector to preserve, restore, and maintain such a vehicle.