Register now to get rid of these ads!

Was it hard selling your first car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SpazTaztic, Jun 1, 2010.

1. hey guy with the renault alliance i got one full of scrap iron, good job for crushing:D

my first car was a model A coupe, paid $7 for it and put a engine in it and drove it in country and sold it for $50 and thought I was rich and bought a 47 chev and beat the pea out of it:eek:
    well i got a model A now and still wonder if the guy that restore the one I had still has it sold it to a Ronnie Affeldt of Barnsville MN or therabouts

2. peter johnson

peter johnson

1st car was a 64 impala,i paid $1500 for it 25 years ago,had to sell it to finish new 67 bigblock chev .I thought i was cool 10years ago,sold it to my dad for $4000,then i could still drive it whenever i wanted!I was wrong,he sold it for $8000 12 months later,that was hard!!!!!!!!:eek:

3. 63Compact

63Compact

I"m taking my first car with me!!!! I'll have had it 20 years in Jan.

4. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I KNOW I would still have it, absolutely loved that car......drove it a couple years to college, decided to fix'er up the next couple years, Back on the road again, MUCH better than ever, and it got stolen! 57 Chevy convertible. Still makes me sad and angry!

5. Paul

Paul
    Editor

must have been, it took me 36 years

6. DougHH

DougHH

Nope. my first car was a daihatsu charade given to me by my nan. My 2nd car was a 36 chev that i still have ;)
    hardest part though, is now i have 3 vintage cars that dont work and i'm driving around in my wife's suzuki swift :(

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yeah it sucked...it sucked so much that i have owned 3 of the same make and model since than.
    and still have one of them...

1968 440RT Chargers rule!:cool:

8. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I was lucky I crashed mine .I sold my 3rd one that was restored to driver quality ,Owned it for 10 or 12 years and yes that was hard .

9. Too hard. Still got 'er.

10. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

11. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

I have yet to ever sell a car, they either went bye bye in little pieces thrown in a dumpster (dont worry they were all OT cars and not worth anything), or i still have it!

12. I still have the first car that was registered in my name. Also parts of the second and third, all of the fourth, and still have the 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th (current). I could have left one out in there.

13. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

In terms of my first old car - I hope to never find out. I keep telling the wife I'd like to get another project car to work on, but she says the first would have to go then - I don't plan on ever doing that !!!

In terms of daily drivers, first was a $100 74 Vega, and I aquired 3 other parts cars to steal from - drove it for about 5 years - it was the best car (not for reliability though) that I ever had.

14. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

the first few times it wasn't so bad. she's been in and out of the family for going on 30 years--was my dad's first rod too. Had the chance to buy her back about 2 years ago and did. if she weren't my first I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole, but she'll not leave again. hope to have the new chassis as a roller soon.

15. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

I also will never know how it feels,only had it 35 years.

16. Me too!:D

17. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I picked up my first car(51 Chevy) when I was 13(1996).I traded it to my brother right before my 16th birthday(had been driving it for a few years with no license). It traded several hands for a few years and then it was GIVEN back to me about 3 years ago. Been thrashing on her for the last few years and I can't wait until we can terrorize the streets together again!

18. FastAndLoose

FastAndLoose
    from Warren, PA

Wasn't hard at all... but it damn sure shoulda been. I still wish I had it. One of those deals of remembering the good parts and forgetting the bad. It was pretty well used up...

I'm betting there aren't too many people in this world, though, that can say they put 385,000 miles on a Jeep Wrangler!

19. dr john

dr john
    BANNED
    from CSA

DO NOT DO IT!!!! Under [nearly] any circumstance ; if you can possibly keep your first car you should. You will regret it later. i admit, I cried when my first car left my driveway. i sold it to get a better and ostensibly 'cooler' unit, but I still want that first ride back. Keep it man.

20. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

still have my first car its a OT 71 nova but i have done everthing to it from pulling the 6 cly and 2 speed out for a mild 350/th350 to a wild small block/th400 with trans brake. just monday it went 12.27 pulling the fronts in the air:D

21. Don't Know, got my first 30 tudor Ford in 1962. In the barn wating for its hemi rebuild.

22. Yeah, I even shed a tear ot two. It was a 63 VW Bug and I had poured every penny I had at the time (which wasn't much) into it. It was 1994 and I needed to sell it to get a new more reliable ride so I could go to college and work and was forced to sell. I still regret every day selling that lil car, I have never had as much fun driving as I did with that damn bug cruising it around HB, Newport and such. Dammit I really want that car back!