Register now to get rid of these ads!

Was I supposed to introduce myself?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Shaggy's Dad, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Shaggy's Dad

Shaggy's Dad

I have noticed that a lot of the FNGs like myself have posted an intro post...
    I haven't yet because I thought this was a come as UR site. holes in the shoes, grease on the Dickie shirts, my kind place. So here's my brief intro...

I'm 48, white collar job but blue collar roots. I grew up taking things apart and putting them back together. I have ALWAYS hot rodded my stuff. I hot rodded my HO slot cars (custom fabbed brass chassis, sidewinder motors, custom mods to change center of gravity, wind my own motors, etc). I hot rodded my guitars and built several from scratch. And I have not EVER driven a stock car for long. I've owned everthing from a new C5 Vette to beater farm trucks. And in the time honored tradition I am teaching my 16 y/o son, aka shaggy da keeper, the finer points of grease. He installed his first water pump on the farm truck at age 8. It's still on there and not leaking. I usually have several projects in states of disrepair at any given time. Son has bought a 1940 Dodge 2dr sedan with his own money for a street rod. We have a 318/999 to put in it, Nova rear (exact width to 40 Dodge) Nova discs, new floors and inner rockers, Chevy truck rallys. Basic black. His muscle, my brains. (we may be in trouble here...)

My other projects at this time are a 85 RX7 GXL-SE that I swapped in a later model rotary and got the EFI systems to talk to each other. I have to paint it when it gets warmer. Then there's the 70 Toy FJ40 that son and I bought for $150 minus drivetrain. I was going to put in a Dodge 392 (318 with 4"crank and 040 overbore) but that would be a beast and a white elephant to boot. So it will have the 4.2 six swapped in with headers, cam and ignition upgades.

Did I say brief? DOH! Sorry.
    Lou Barton
    Milledgeville, GA

2. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Well Hell's Belles! I want a bluecollar job! I get so tired of saying "Good eveing and welcome, how may I serve you?" Gee thank you for working me into the ground and leaving a $2.00 tip you fat bastard! Yeah cuz this is SO gonna go far on my hotrod buying spree! Mmmmmmmm that new air freshener will look the dogs bollocks around my mirror! I used to take my mother's brand new toaster's apart and hide them under my bed as a pup---does that count as being on the road to a blue collar job? :D Welcome to the HAMB.......and yes you must do an intro otherwise the Intro Police pull you over and ask to see your license and registration. Remember, this is a garage, you just can't waltz in, drink our beer, use or tools and finger our rods without introducing yourself!
    x
    Brandy

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

What Brandy said!!!

Welcome there, old timer....hahahahahahahahaha! (I'm one hell of a lot older than you so I can say that!!!

R-

4. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Welcome Dad!This intro will let you in.. (he,he, she said 'finger our rods"):D It don't take much to entertain us sickko's!! :D Sparkxxx

5. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Yeah thats the problem with waitress's-------WE AIM TO PLEASE!:D
    X
    Brandy

I luuuuuuuuuuuuurve my sicko's! The nasty lil tarts!!

6. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

This made me laugh, I was thinking the same thing. Men are pigs, but I like it.

7. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Oh, and welcome Shaggy's Dad.

8. plmczy

plmczy

Welcome to the Hamb. You have any pics of the 40? Here's a pic of mine. later shawn

[​IMG]

9. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

10. JohnnyB327

JohnnyB327

Is that why I should tip more?...20% all the way from now on...

11. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Yes! Tip your waitress! She'll be kinder to you;) You never know what hotrodder you might be supporting!!
    x
    Brandy

12. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

13. Shaggy's Dad

Shaggy's Dad

That's a good pic of the plymouth; looks just like ours. Shaggy da keeper has the "before" pics as we returned with it on trailer. So far we've gutted the interior in prep to attack the floor pans and rockers. It's soccer season, so the car project is back burner. Shaggy is a soccer stud and in the running for either a college scholarship or Pro contract. As with the last father son project, this one's already looking to be heavy on the dad and light on the son end of things. I'll post a pic from the home computer when I get one.

FWIW, I was the WORST WAITER IN THE WORLD! I would have never survived on my tips. I got fired once on the day my cousin died in a motorcycle wreck. I was bummed to begin with by the death, but I had 4 fat bastards taking up my best booth for the whole lunch hour, demanding 1st class service of course, leave me about a 10 percent tip underneath the upside down water glass. I made a smart assed comment to them as they were leaving and the manager over heard. Now that I can afford it, I always tip at least 20 percent, unless the waitress was a total dunce or off wasting time with her friends in which she only gets 15%.

14. PDX Lefty

PDX Lefty

Welcome to the shop.
    And yes, tip your local waitress their hourly wage sucks.:rolleyes:

15. GO-rilla

GO-rilla

Welcome, from Oklahoma City!

16. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

:D Damn skippy it does! Oh and if I had a wife, she prolly wouldnt let me touch her tits either!:p Thats So funny!!
    x
    Brandy