I'm 66 and I was there, in Minnesota, what there was here. When I was in high school in the '50's, I had a '51 Ford 4-door inherited from my brother. Some where along the line, the engine was rebuilt and I had the heads shaved and added a Mallory dual-point conversion (it was all I could afford). Because just about everybody had a car that had a worn out engine, I was the guy to beat in those days (the 4.11 gears for the overdrive transmission helped a lot). After I graduated from high school in '60, I went to the University of Minnesota in the fall. At the same time, a buddy of mine and I decided to go drag racing. We bought a '36 5-window coupe and a '42 Merc engine from Carmichel's Auto Parts in Excelsior and started to work on it over the winter. We both dropped out of the "U" for the spring quarter, got our tuition refund, and used it buy a set of finned aluminum heads and a dual carb manifold. I set of "racing" points and a modified distributor top so we could run a "hot" coil completed the set up. We ran "D/Altered" for two years at Minnesota Dragways, and had a best ET of 16.44. Weren't much. but we had a hell of a good time. Plus, we were "heroes" in our home town, because we had the only real "race car". After two years of this, my buddy "had to get married" (remember how it was stated in those days?), and we sold the car. I then started to build a drag race "T-bucket" in the basement of my folks house. Got most of it done over the winter, took it apart and put it back to gether in the garage in the spring. The NHRA had made their rules a lot stricter after the '61 season, so I decided to make a Hot Rod instead of a drag car. It had a frame made out of 2" square tube (1/8" wall), a model "A" front axle, a 270" '55 Dodge hemi, a matching Mopar 3-speed transmission, and a 4.30 rear end out of a 6 cylinder Plymouth wagon with overdrive. I started with a solid mount rear end, but ended up changing it to quarter eliptics after seeing the Olds powered car that won A/SR in the '65 or '66 NHRA nationals. With the plow box and the rear-end, combined with a real good running 270" hemi, the car was a block to block monster. (I had a set of Ellingson reacap slicks that would turn to smoke with applying a little throttle in first gear). The car worked amazingly well (I drove it on an MSRA outing to "Donneybrooke" now "Brainerd International Raceway") in 1967 with no trouble. The only problem I had with it was that the frame started to sag after a year or two. We solved that by getting a couple of pieces of some 1 3/4" OD round tubing, and driving them up inside the original 2" tube rails from the back. Solved all of my problems. In the interim, I had gotten married and bought a brand new Corvette in June of 1967. That was the end of my rodding days until about 10 years ago. I'm now building a "T-Tub" that will be flathead powered, but I don't think it will be the same again.