Register now to get rid of these ads!

Warwick Dragfest 2013

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by OBFB HA/GR, Oct 11, 2013.

1. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

The Warwick Drag Racing Club run a Dragfest every year. 2013 is next weekend 19-20 October. We're all packed, the car has been serviced and we are all set to go, just one small problem to over come. I slipped a disc in my neck and now I can't use my right arm. My doctor hopes things will calm down a bit by Monday or Tuesday next week, I sure hope so. I can most likely drive the race car, but the two and a half hour tow may be a worry. I'll just have to wait and see. Nigel

2. HAMBsterLady

HAMBsterLady

Long range prayers going out to you. Hope that your medical problem resolves itself.

3. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Dang Nigel, you're too young for that kind of stuff. Heal fast buddy, we're keeping you in our thoughts.

4. spanners

spanners

That's gotta hurt both physically and mentally. Except for the fact that you have a Ford powered car, I'd offer to come up from Newcastle to drive for you.
    Ive been thinking of towing up but the cost of fuel ($1.70/litre) means approx $500 tow and $150 entry plus beer(heaps), and no work overtime available, means I need to save for Nostalgia Drags ,Sydney, November. Would've been good to catch up.
    Peter

5. xrwagon

xrwagon
    from australia

see you there mate!!

6. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Xrwagon good to hear you're going, I'll look out for you, you can't miss our car.

7. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Xrwagon, so cool to line up Beside you and race. We had a ball this weekend, 2 out of 3 wins didn't win me a prize, but who cares.

8. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

The mighty rig ready go

Attached Files:

9. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Dayum Nigel. With that rig, it looks like you have gone pro on us. You are going to ruin the image of HA/GR. :p

10. bobw

bobw

Lookin' good, Nigel.

11. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

The old girl running, don't you just love a Flattie.

12. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Oops there was supposed to be a clip with that

13. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

I learned the hard way not to use cheap ass paint when doing a flame job. My buddy Juice ran the lines for me and I shot them in cheap rattle can stuff, in no time flat they had faded so bad it was hard to see them. So 5am this morning I fired up the compressor and shot them in 2 pack yellow fading thru orange to red. Came out pretty good I think.

Attached Files:

14. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

The same clutch assembly since 2007, high rpm dumps and now we have a small amount of slip so I guess it's time for a replacement before it blows itself to pieces.

Attached Files:

15. bobw

bobw

Yes, Nigel, it's best not to test the scatter shield. How many run do you figure you put on that clutch?

16. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

I think around 70 runs.

17. spanners

spanners

Hey Nigel, you must of been snoozin'. I just renewed my logbook and licence and when I counted up the entries in the logbook it was 20 in 2 years. Averaged out at 5 runs per meet, thats 100 runs with an old clutch plate and pressure plate that I found under the bench. I installed a new setup when I had that flywheel problem at Willowbank.
    Nostalgias in November were cancelled because of the rain.Bugger! Hopefully getting a run at Sydney this Friday night.
    Peter