Register now to get rid of these ads!

Warning - Pete's Hemi Heaven

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brootal, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Rob Thompson from American Hemi Speed Centre in Adelaide, South Australia got shafted by the abovementioned company to the tune of $7500!!

READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!

Rob is just a small operator down here in Oz, so obviously this isn't good for his business. Just thought I'd spread the word a little.

2. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

String him up!

3. People really don't get it in the sales industry that if you fuck someone over the message spreads far and wide.All hail the super highway

4. Reverendcolin

Reverendcolin

How did you pay him? check? through the mail? bank draft? transfer of funds?

If it was through the US Mail (at any time) the Feds will go after his ass with a vengence. Mail fraud is big shit and could make him think about paying you off.

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I read the warning about this dude on Rob's site about a year ago and I cant believe this fella has not surfaced yet.....There aint that many early hemi sites and companys around.......$7500 is big money and I believe that Rob had to sell his project to recoop his losses......THAT SUCKS BIGTIME! [​IMG]

6. Here's some more info from Rob...

"Yes I have had the guy in bankruptcy court in Florida ...I have a judgement against him but I can't collect.
    The money was sent via transfer of funds.
    I have previously contacted US Postal Service in StPaul MN but they couldn't do anything about it as they couldn't find him.
    This guy is a slime but I will keep chasing as much as I can."

It seems that if he could track the prick down they could nail his arse.

7. long island vic

long island vic

i know hes not in port richiy i have a friend that has a shop by him and he has not shown in a long while. if he shows ill have him get in touch asap

8. Machinos

Machinos

I dunno if they exist in Australia, but in the U.S. there are plenty of companies that can and will track pretty much anyone down for you.

9. atch

atch

brootal,

i don't know if it will help any, but i just forwarded this to a friend who is big in the national mopar scene. he probably knows most of the "big" mopar guys in the US (and is one of them himself). maybe they can help track this dirt bag down.

10. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I got burned in a similar situation. I hired a 'private detective' and a lawyer. I put a lean on his house and all his assets. It sounds like you have enough info & leeds to do the same..The detective I had found out this guy was on disability from the postal service and had opened several shops over the years doing this. But nobody took action. There was a couple people in line waiting to collect..but nobody else had judgements against him. Because i had one on his house and family assets his wife came forward to try settle his debt..This asshole was relentless with me and I felt I had to be the same way back..
    I soon found out he had colon cancer. Next thing I know I get a call saying he passed and his estate wanted to settle all debts with interest.So, sooner or later this guys day will come just make sure your buddy keeps the pressure on!....Dirty