Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest WARNING: I'd strongly advise Caution Dealing with Larry Brown

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lono, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddio211

daddio211

Fred, it sucks that your "dream car" deal fell through, but looks like a lot of others suffered similar fates. A little creative Googling turns up a massive list of bad deals, both parts and cars. I know the $500 won't kill you, but I'm glad you're taking the principle to the next level! Go get him tiger!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

2. tommy1969

tommy1969

3. Lono

Lono

First thing, I want my money back.
    I learned my lesson to never NEVER trust anyone asking for western union.

Secondly, I dont want anyone else to make the mistake of dropping their guard, just for a moment. It's just not old skool anymore.

Keep yourself safe... period.

4. Lono

Lono

While Larry isnt a member here, he is all over the net selling so be carefull.

5. tommy1969

tommy1969

6. tommy1969

tommy1969

7. demonsix

demonsix

8. Jogyver

Jogyver

I did some looking at LB's classified pictures at I can see a business in the background call Precision Equipment. It s a John Deere dealer at 804 s Madison ave in Ottumwa, IA. The 51 chevy deluxe pickup is in Iowa . So it looks like this mugg goes around and take photos of cars for sale and post them as his classified ads. If some one had access to police records they could run the one classified Lasalle AV Illinois plates that you can clearly see in the photo and contact the true owner.
    Great ammo for a fraud case.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  9. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

Whats this guys name again? I missed it.

10. Lono

Lono

larry brown

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I hope the right people catch up to that lowlife prick and I hope he is reading this?

12. Read the whole thread. Sucks. I hope you get somewhere with it. I got screwed once by a guy down South. I took him to court. I won. He owes my $14,000
    No one's seen or heard from him in 8 years. I agree. It's not the $500. The point is he's a prick and needs to learn a lesson.

13. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

How is it that these crooks get away with it for so long? Is law enforcement too busy? Uninterested, wanting larger fish? Or what? I hope you get this settled to your satisfaction. I hate to see stuff like this going on in our hobby. Good luck!

14. daddio211

daddio211

I'm guessing he never missed a child support payment. At least in Utah, that's a capital offense... or so it would seem.

15. Jogyver

Jogyver

Another one of his photo classified address is 111 North Warsaw Ave Ursa IL which he claims to be selling the 1925 Dodge , ext pick ups, and horse trailers in Quincy,IL. Boy this guy is dirt.

16. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Its civil in nature.

17. Jogyver

Jogyver

Looking at one of the site LB post on www.Buzztrader.com
    Look at one of the tabs at the bottom . There's a link to report car scams. It takes you to the US G secret service. Anything is worth a try.

18. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Remember when you buy a car Canuck always make sure that it is infront of you and the paper work is clean before you hand over the cash. If you don't get your money back (which i hope that you do get your money back) think of it as a $500.00 lesson. That mistake you will never make again. Hope it works out for you man.
    Jay

19. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I am truly amazed that after reading through all the different sites that have horror stories of people being ripped off by this guy-- AKA Larry Brown... that NO ONE has gone after this guy and hunted him down in person. How is it that this guy is still alive and operating after so many fraudulent transactions???? How is it that he is still on eBay??? eBay is so tight with the FBI that I am amazed this guy exists on there.

Years ago I knew a guy that was taken for 3500 and had a contract with the fraud in Florida. The fraud in FL tried to disappear, close up shop. The guy I knew, got on a plane in L.A. and flew down to FL with his .357 M...he came back a week later with his 3500. Git R Done !!!

20. Beau

Beau

He's just using other peoples expired ads to steal peoples money using a fake store front.

It's a scam.

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Usually, stuff like that only works in the movies. In real life, doing shit like that will only get you in the same cell block as the thief. OP, follow your legal course and deal with this guy.

The same thing goes for kicking his ass. Only works in the movies.

22. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

I haven't read EVERY post, but has anone noticed that "Larry Brown" is almost as generic a name as John Smith? This guy probably uses a phony I.D. until it get too hot (like now) ditches it, then start again with another name, John Anderson, etc.

Scumbags like this ruin half the fun of having a hobby like ours.

23. Lono

Lono

no, that's his real name... his latest location is Tyler, Missouri... for now.

24. I outed Larry Brown on his facebook sites and this is what he sent me::
    Larry Brown
    Kelly,
    I would appreciate you keeping your thoughts to yourself until you know the facts of what is really going on. Anybody can say anything on the net without any truth to it whatsoever.

What con man ...right to the end!!

25. "Scumbags like this ruin half the fun of having a hobby like ours."
    X2...gotta be right up there with badly misrepresenting a car for sale to someone on a forumn you frequent.
    Maybe there's some truth to the saying "what goes around comes around"...and he'll get his due.

26. Lono

Lono

Here is the latest message I received from Larry tonight:

Well, I have found all the places on the net that you have been bashing me on.
    I want in writing right now that everywhere on the net that you have been bashing me, that as soon as you receive your deposit back, that you will go to each and every place on the net and tell everyone that you received your deposit back. If after you receive your deposit back and I find that you did not go to each and every place on the net to announce that you received your deposit back, I will contact an attorney and sue you for damages. I now have copies of everything that you have posted about me and I will sue you for everything that you have now and everything that you hope to have in the future.
    We could have settled this like gentlemen in the first place, but you refused to do so. And you need to quit making it out that I asked you to send the deposit to me by Western Union, when in fact, it was you that wanted to send it that way

I plan on posting here if I receive his refund, I honor my word. We'll see tomorrow morning. It is taking a great deal of energy and perseverance to get him to get him to do the honorable thing, we'll see if he steps up to the plate.

27. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

Looks like outing his ass on these sites worked! Here's hoping he follows through.

28. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Looks like a pre-prepared, (used previously on his victims) extortion threat (say you're sorry for bashing me or I won't refund your deposit). His M.O. is to google his name shortly after each person he screws to see how serious they are about getting their $$$ back!

If you get your $500, you should still follow through with the MO. state atty general and DMV, even though he'll just move to the next state under another name.

29. daddio211

daddio211

He obviously doesn't know you, or he would know damn well you'll announce the delivery of the refund. You're honest like that, unlike this scammer.

Still, these threads are useful information for whoever googles this clown in the future. People need (and deserve) to know what/who they're dealing with.

What few people know is how hard Fred has looked for this car, how much homework he did, how excited he was to have found it, how distraught he was when the deal started to slide sideways, and diligent he has been to make this right.

Fred did everything right all the way through, and made sure this clown did the right thing too. I hope others can learn from his hard work.

30. Lono

Lono

Thanks Mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.