Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wanted: chopped 49-51 Ford (car) pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by laidoutford, Oct 13, 2004.

1. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

not a bad lookin chop Flord

2. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

[ QUOTE ]
    Here is my 1950 Sedan (50 Flord). It is chopped 5" at the A piller and 4" at the B piller. Back window was moved forward to keep the roof flowin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that car on ebay bout a year ago? It looks alot like one I was looking at, It was from Iowa or Kansas I think....Anyway nice car.

3. 50 Flord

50 Flord
    from kansas

Yes, I had it on E-bay about a year ago. I finally pulled my head out of my ass and decided to keep it (the car). It is undergoing a frame off resto right now. I sould be back on the road next summer, in time for the KKOA Lead Sled Spectacular in Salina, Kansas on July 29-31.

4. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

you don't know how close I came to buying that car...I wanted it bad..I bought this instead....

Attached Files:

5. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

[ QUOTE ]
    you don't know how close I came to buying that car...I wanted it bad..I bought this instead....

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, I wasnt smoking crack. I came across an online ad for your car, but it listed it in some other state. I guess they never took the ad down.

6. glassguy

glassguy

hey thanks.. im figuring the back as i go, and trying to talk my friend into letting me make it a hardtop..im gonna cut one more inch out of the back for more of a fastback look..heres some card board templates im foolin with..by the way the paper i use for templates is the shit they roll down before carpet or linoleum gets installed. ask a floor guy for some left overs it works the balls

Attached Files:

7. bump

bump

Dennis,did you finish the 53? are you guys going to Blast with the Past? did you say your smoking crack now? come on by the shop, been flaking anything and everything!...burnout
    dude!!

8. 00 MACK

00 MACK

heres one Joe castelli and I built .

9. 00 MACK

00 MACK

here it is

Attached Files:

10. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

[ QUOTE ]

okay, I wasnt smoking crack. I came across an online ad for your car, but it listed it in some other state. I guess they never took the ad down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it in Missouri? Damn I bought it over a year ago.....

11. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

12. shoebox72

shoebox72

[ QUOTE ]
    heres one i did last nite 6 and 8

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA! Dave, You got that car back? For like the last 2 weeks I've been trying to find the kid in New Haven that bought it from you last year. I wanted to see if he wanted to sell it because he hardly ever drove it. Thanks for putting those pics up because I'd still be trying to track that kid down. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BTW The chop looks good. So far [​IMG]
    Keep us posted.

Billy

13. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

[ QUOTE ]
    Dennis,did you finish the 53? are you guys going to Blast with the Past? did you say your smoking crack now? come on by the shop, been flaking anything and everything!...burnout
    dude!!

[/ QUOTE ]

man... about another day on the car and itll be done. stupid slanted pillars are a pain when it comes to the interior sticks.

I'll stop by when I get one of my cars running and sniff some paint w/ you guys. [​IMG] I've been riding my '50 Vespa to get around lately and bummin rides.

14. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

[quoteWas it in Missouri? Damn I bought it over a year ago.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so. I got really bad memory. hehe

15. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

OOMack - more pics man!

16. Here's some from downunder [​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. another

Attached Files:

18. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I liked that car better w/o the flames. It looked like an unfinished early style car. Istill love the roof and the car for that matter.

19. glassguy

glassguy

hey billy.... wierd huh..i didnt get it back a good friend of mine bought it of ebay. didnt even realize it was my old car .he sent me a pic and said look what i bought .i thought he was fuckin with me. and here it is right back in my shop..kinda kool story huh..ill get some pics up after i tow my thumb out of my ass and work on it...dave

20. Jaypee

Jaypee
    from Finland

I build this four years ago. [​IMG]

21. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Here is one HotRodTom is doin. I think this is his first attempt at chopping

[​IMG]

22. laidoutford

laidoutford

Wonderful pictures people. Let's see even more! Never enough chopped shoeboxes. I'm STILL trying to figure out how to even email mine to 51leadsled to get em posted. They won't even go in the mail. My computer is a pos. [​IMG]

23. laidoutford

laidoutford

Back to the fucking TOP my good friends!!! Keep em coming, and I am STILL trying to at least email mine to have someone post em [​IMG] I know you guys got more... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

24. laidoutford

laidoutford

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you guys that the McDonald's in Downey,CA has some really cool paintings of shoeboxes and hot rods on their wall around the museum next door. It is the oldest operating McDonalds in the world, so they have a neat museum about McDonalds next door. I was up in Long Beach the other day, and hit it on my way home. The cars are actually real cars that have been reproduced somehow on the wall of this McDonalds. The chopped shoebox "ShoeZ" or whatever is on their(the pink and black one with 54 Olds trim) and they also have the sectioned turquoise convertible one that was in Custom Rodder a few years ago, as well as a chopped maroon business coupe that was featured with it.
    I did not have a camera, and with my picture posting skills and capabilities, it wouldn't have done me any good anyway. Just letting you know. Does anybody live in or near Downey to post a pic? It's kinda kool...

25. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

26. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

WOW kool rides for sure ,if thats not enough http://www.carnut.com has kustoms in order by name,check it out

27. DrDano

DrDano
    Alliance Vendor

Laidoutford, I got your photos. I'm processing them now, should have them all up soon. [​IMG] [​IMG] ~dano

28. DrDano

DrDano
    Alliance Vendor

Ok, here we go. Laidoutford, you'll have to do the presentation here...I'll run the projector. Those on dial-up might wanna grab a Handi-Pak 30 case of PBR to wait this out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!! That looks great!!! What about your suspension? It's bagged huh? How exactly did you do it?

30. laidoutford

laidoutford

51leadsled- I can't thank you enough for posting my pics. If you have any questions, ask me.

bigdog928- Yes, its bagged. I'm running the stock '50 front end with jamco 2.5" dropped spindles and Fatman Fornications dropped steering arms. (had to reem the holes on those fuckers to make em fit. Way off. Thanks, fatman) I had to french the shocks into the frame about 1" with some thick wall tubing. The reason for that is because I had to run them in front of the A-arm for clearance and lift. They would have fit behind the A-arm, but since they were straight up, with no angle, my bag lift was restricted. So, they went up front. The front bags literally, besides the shocks, bolted in. I made a cup from the top of the spring hat down to the bottom of the frame which mounts on top of the bag. I really can't remember the diameter, but it's whatever a shoebox coil spring is. For the lower front bag mounts, I simply airchiselled off the lower coil spring plate, and replaced it with a 3/16" plate with a hole for the lower bag mount bolt and bolted the plate to the A-arm. I also shitcanned the bumpstop plate piece, and made a flat plate to replace it for strength.

For the rear- I have a 9 inch narrowed Ford rear. Don't know the vintage because it was in the 50 when I bought it, but it is a factory piece somebody had narrowed. Probably some gay Mustang shit. That's all their good for anyway. And for the bags, I completely removed the stock 49-51 Ford rear (under rear seat) crossmember, and replaced it with a new, homemade one out of thickwall tubing. I bent a hoop to go up over the driveshaft. The new crossmember has mounts for the 2" trailing arms that go back to the rear end. I used a panhard bar coming off of the right side of the frame to keep the rearend from getting squirrely. I made it as long as possible so the rearend doesn't sway left to right too much. I got the reat of my mounts from work at Temecula Rod and Custom (951)506-4649. I used all the fancy laser cut pieces and they make the job a fuckload easier and cleaner.
    I'm runnig the big bags all around. Firestone 2600, I think. I dunno, just the big guys. Better ride, better lift compared to the 2400 little shits used on S 10s and minis.
    I running a 5 gallon with 2 Thomas compressors, 1/2" airline, Parker 1/2" valves(6- 2 rear, 2 per each front wheel), and front dump filters to slow down the drop.
    The car rides extremely well in my opinion, and I am running the stock rear seat even with the floor tunnelled.
    But, my dirty little secret to that is using 205-60-15 low profile rear tires. This also saved me from having to move up the rear wheel wells. I set up the rearend ratio to the tire size, so it all equates going down the road...

My hands hurt now. From typing, that is. LET'S SEE SOME MORE SHOEBOX PICTURES GUYS!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]