Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Wanted!!! 1964/65 Ford Falcon A/FX Pics!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by FAST EDDIE'S HOT ROD SHOP, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Muttley

Muttley

I loves me some holes, that trunk lid is awesome.

2. ec164

ec164
    from MI

It is amazing to think how much time it must of taken to get that done!!! I noticed it in his build thread too! Good Job Al

3. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Time to jump start the thread again. I haven't accomplished much on the car in the last 4 to 6 weeks (moved my little garden shed & put a big storage shed in its place, then had to move stuff out of the garage to fill it up. Now I can walk around the car without a medical mishap). I did receive the new rear quarters & they look great. Now to slice / dice & burn them back together. Its a shame to waste the whole top half of the quarters but I guess the scrap will come handy for patch work.....Mike

Attached Files:

4. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;are those reproductions?They look good! ROY.

5. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Roy

They are from Nor Am Auto Body www.noramstore.com. I believe they may be listed in some other mail order catalogs but I bought direct from Nor Am. I laid them over my quarter panels and they line up perfect. I know the top half doesn't come close to the Comet profile but with no quarters available you could probably use the lower "wheelwell" part on a Comet & be pretty close.....Mike

6. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;the Comet is TOTALLY different than a Falcon!!! I had not seen full quarters for a 64/65 Falcon before,so was curious!! Thanks for the information!!! ROY.

7. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;I checked their web site,not much for older Mercury products!!Lets us know how they work out!!! ROY.

8. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Ernie put this one on Facebook this morning , Anyone know anything about this Bad Ass Falcon.

Eddie this is how you are suppose to do your falcon.

[​IMG]

9. Falconred

Falconred

This is the Balkin's Falcon: I need a link to get to Erines facebook page if possible.

Attached Files:

10. SOHC427

SOHC427

Eddie, Eddie, I hear them calling you out, here. No more popcorn small blocks, I hear a Cammer in your future, Get some work done outa that speed shop, and get a SOHC rolling. That wagon is a perfect car for a big ole injected cammer.
    Put your big boy pants on, and step it up!!!
    Eric

11. 65COMET

65COMET

Eric;not to stick up for Fast Eddie,buuuuuuut,where is your cammer?!!!!!! Big blocks are over rated!!!!! ROY.

12. SOHC427

SOHC427

Roy, I was picking on Eddie's small block/auto combo!!
    I know right where my cammer is. In a million different pieces, somewhere in Texas.... I hope??
    Eric

13. BobG

BobG

Here's one I bought a couple of years ago.

Attached Files:

14. SOHC427

SOHC427

Good looking car, BobG!!
    Eric

15. Roy:

You are my Boy!!!!! Sad thing about ole Eric is my little small bock might spank his Cammer if he ever gets it done!!!!!!

Fast Eddie

Eric:

You know I love ya man!

16. Hey Eric:

I talked to Bella, she said she would finish your Cammer if you can get it back from Earl LOL!!!!

[​IMG]

Oh! look Eric another Small Block!!!!

[​IMG]

17. SOHC427

SOHC427

Oh Eddie, weight vs HP. Lets make this a fair fight,
    All that rust in your little subframe car, makes it fast, and then the NOS? Please!
    haha PS, I know Bella is the brains/skills/looks and personality, at your shop, as well!
    She says your a puss for not putting a Cammer into the wagon, as well!
    Eric

18. 65COMET

65COMET

BobG;good looking Falcon!! Do you still have it? ROY.

19. 65COMET

65COMET

Eric;you know I just HAD to throw the where-abouts of your cammer in there!!!!! ROY.

20. SOHC427

SOHC427

Shit Roy, sometimes I want to check on its where-abouts, myself!! Just talked to Earl, today, and I got bumped for a belly button motor that lost a cam, on break in.
    Oh well.
    Eric

21. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Good looking car. Those Black rims are nostalgia all the way!! Al

22. BobG

BobG

I ran it a few times and like a dummy I sold it to a guy in Georgia... as far as I know it's still down there.
    One of those he wanted it bad and he offered me too much for it.

23. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Eddie, I'm with Eric, that wagon needs a Cammer. Put some Big Boy Pants on and quit messing around. How are you going to join the Colorado Chain Gang if you dont.

Dont make me take away your Cammer Cadet Button.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  24. SOHC427

SOHC427

Ha Ha, Eddie, The pressure is on! Junkie has your number, too! I bet Bella sent him a PM, saying your a Puss, too!!
    A rich and sucessfull speed shop owner, such as yourself, can get/build a cammer, for next to nothing. Call your buds at Holman/Moody, and kick it in the ass! Maybe they will give you one for free??
    Cammer Coalation and the Colorado Chain Gang needs more members! 360 truck motors don't count.

Big boy pants!!! No more tiger skin thongs! Or is that tigger?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  25. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

I am really enjoying this chatter about a Cammer. While it may be true that a small block of today's vintage and build methods could spank a Cammer, there is really no substitute for a Cammer, no way no how. I don't think anyone would doubt that the Cammer is the ultimate Ford motor.

Turn the volume up .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZKrZiJOumo

A small block will never sound like this.

Attached Files:

26. SOHC427

SOHC427

MotorHead,
    You are right. I have nothing against modern tech, and todays stuff hauls! but for all out cool looks and sounds, you can't beat a cammer!

Plus, it's my weak to bust on Eddie!
    Eric

27. 65COMET

65COMET

If we all had Eric or Ken's MONEY,we could ALL have a CAMMER!!!!!! ROY.

28. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

I guess I should be charitable and try to take some of the heat off poor ol Eddie. Its not a SOHC (can't afford that rare stuff) but I am putting big iron (fe) in my Falcon. I borrowed a bare block & heads from my friend Gary Matthews (the guy that makes the fiberglass 64 T-Bolt bodies) to set my engine & trans mounts, firewall & headers. All I need now is a C4/FE bellhousing to get started. I know Roy & others will groan about the slush box, but I hope it will keep the 450 - 500 hp (& torque) engine from destroying my 31 spline 9". It would never survive a clutch & 4 speed the way I drive.

Anyone have a lead on a used (cheap) C4/FE bellhousing shoot me a PM.....Mike

Attached Files:

29. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;there was one for sale over on the FE Forum web site!Everybody knows I love a stick in a race car but I won't bag on you for running a girls transmission!!!!!! ROY.

30. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Roy

In my early rowing days I could go through a couple of syncros a weekend before I learned how to slick shift em. I learned how to field strip & reassemble a Muncie in under 20 minutes from James Osteen who built em for Don & Roy Gay.....Mike