Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Wanted!!! 1964/65 Ford Falcon A/FX Pics!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by FAST EDDIE'S HOT ROD SHOP, Nov 24, 2009.

1. 65COMET

65COMET

KOOL!!! That old 'street car' sounds and looks great!! The boys on Bang Shift liked Fast Eddie's Falcon,talked it up!! ROY.

2. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Here you go Fast Eddie " THE STRIP TWISTER" Car has never looked so good.

Heres All of Fast Eddies runs at this years Holley HotRod Reunion out at Bowling Green. It's about a 13 min video so let it load up a bit and then hang on.Had a Great time, still looking for more Comets , Falcons ,Fairlanes and Galaxies to hang out with.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  3. 65COMET

65COMET

Great Videos,three great runs then the 66 then the breakout!!! The Falcon looks GREAT!!! ROY.

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Thats a great video of fast eddie makin some passes...car looks great too eddie...i can't wait till my falcons done..i wanna come play too..Dave

5. Thanks Guys!!! Had a BLAST in Bowling Green!!!!! Can't wait for next year

Calling ya out Roy!

6. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Eddie...how close to the front of the wheelwell are you running the slicks? Looks really tight in the pics. Any trouble with them growing & rubing at high speed? Was gonna give mine at least 1" but looks like tighter might work.

7. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

Too funny! I've never had pictures I've taken posted by somebody else! Taken at Hemmings' Musclepalooza a couple years ago, at Lebanon Valley Dragway. Would have taken more pics, but my danged camera ran out of charge!!!!

8. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks for posting those pictures. Nice memories. That was a fun day even though the Wild Child ran like crap. We were so luck to have Ev Rowse (driver) and John McIntyre (mechanic) with us that day.

My brother in law, Bob Dover, owns the sweet 65 pickup that is a clone of the truck Ev and John used to tow the car with back in 65.

Here are a few more pics of that day.

Regards,
    Joe Germann

Attached Files:

9. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

No disrespect intended on the credit. I think I just pulled them off the web. Great shots of an awesome Falcon. Would love to see The Wild Child and The Georgia Shaker Unrestored Falcon at a show side by side one day.

10. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Heres a couple of cool Falcons together. Jim Cagles Falcon "Phil Bonners Georgia Peach" And Fast Eddies "Strip Twister".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. MD1320guy:

I ended up mini tubing the car when I built it years ago and wished I would have altered it later. The front edge of the wheel well is all the way up against the tub so I could get the 29 1/4 " pie crust drag tire to work. You can see the tire grow a little in the video, does not look like it rubbed, I have about 1/2" in front of the tire to the wheel well

12. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Eddie
    Its a tough decision to go cutting on a solid car. Fortunatly my project car was rescued form the scrap yard, cancer from trunk to firewall, fenders, doors & quarters. Major surgery is the only way to save it. So I can alter the wheelbase, straight axle, lots of fiberglass without feeling guilty. I can't wait to see what you do with the 2dr wagon. Would love to meet you, Junky & some of the other HAMBers if you ever venture east to the York Nostalgia event.

13. Went to Julesburg Colorado with ole MERCURY JUNKY over the July 4th weekend, The Oldest NHRA Drag Strip in the Country, Had a blast and ended up winning the race!!!!! Can't wait to go back in Sept!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. "Fast Eddie" and "The Strip Twister" 1965 B/FX Falcon vs. "Flyin Phil" Godsey's 1964 A/FX Falcon

[​IMG]

15. 65COMET

65COMET

Fast Eddie;KOOL VIDEO!! So who did win?!!! ROY.

16. Yeap!, felt bad about putting Phil on the trailer first round :(

17. Safari-Tracker

Safari-Tracker

I cant wait to work on my Falcon again.

18. Falconred

Falconred

Dave Lyall, are you still checking this forum. The e-mail address I had for you doesn't work anymore for some reason. I have some information about the OLD Drag Racers Reunion in Panama City, FL in Sept.
    <O:p</O:p

19. gtbpappy

gtbpappy
    from colorado

looking for any history or knowledge on this car. 1964 ford falcon named "el condor" drivers name on door mike rumbaugh. car has sponsors of f&m muffler service poway california, and american and foreign autoparts. looks like lettering from mid 60's to mid 70's. probably so. california. thanks.

Attached Files:

20. gtbpappy

gtbpappy
    from colorado

more pics of the 64

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      304 KB
      Views:
    • b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      211.2 KB
      Views:
    • c.jpg
      c.jpg
      File size:
      268.1 KB
      Views:
    • d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      274.7 KB
      Views:
    • e.jpg
      e.jpg
      File size:
      222.2 KB
      Views:
    • f.jpg
      f.jpg
      File size:
      257.1 KB
      Views:
  21. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

What a cool looking car. First time I've seen it. It looks awesome just the way it is. Are you near Denver would love to see that one in person.

Falcon Red Any Info?

[​IMG]

22. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Did see this one this weekend. The only all Fiberglass Factory 65 Falcon driven by Dave Lyall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. gtbpappy

gtbpappy
    from colorado

yes, i live south of franktown 12 miles. you can e-mail me at [email protected]. thanks, greg.

24. 65COMET

65COMET

gtbpappy;Potter the sign painter still lives in the San Diego,CA. area,he did the lettering of a couple of my friends cars.I will contact them and see if Potter can shed some light on the Falcon. ROY.

25. gtbpappy

gtbpappy
    from colorado

thanks for the help!!! i could not find out any info on f&m or american foreign auto parts. hope there may be an old racer out there that may remember. trying to get an estimated year of when the car ran. by looks of lettering--mid 60's -mid 70's? tach also looks pretty old. mopar scoop was popular from 64-69. so, would this be a b/fx car?

26. gtbpappy

gtbpappy
    from colorado

here is another shot of it in the building today.

Attached Files:

• ss.jpg
      ss.jpg
      File size:
      375 KB
      Views:
    • rear.jpg
      rear.jpg
      File size:
      324.3 KB
      Views:
  27. Falconred

Falconred

That's a new one on me, I will look through my photos and see if I have any. I would like to know the history of that one too. We might be able to compare some of the features it has with some of the other cars of the time. By the scoop it has been modified at a later date as that looks like a hemi dart type scoop.

28. Falconred

Falconred

That Dave Lyall Falcon is definatly a "one of one". Wish I had seen this ad and had money at the same time, which happened very seldom back in those days (these days too now that I think of it!).

Attached Files:

29. 65COMET

65COMET

gtbpappy;I got a hold of my friend that has Potter letter his race cars,he said Potter stops by the shop all the time and that he would pick his brain about the Falcon. ROY.

30. gtbpappy

gtbpappy
    from colorado

thanks for the replys!!! this would be great. i would just like to find out about when it was lettered and raced. do you guys happen to know what class this would have ran in?