Register now to get rid of these ads!

want to put 1946 ford front sheet metal on a1941 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FoxSpeed, Aug 4, 2010.

1. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

I have a 1941 ford business coupe. The front sheet metal is pretty much toast. the frame is excellent however. I have access to an complete front end from a 1946 ford. Hood, fenders, grille, etc. It's in great shape. My questioin. Has anyone done this swap. Is it even possible. I know the 42-46 dash is interchangeable to the the 41. I have done that already. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. I'm going the other way on my 48. the 41 axle is narrower so you won't have any tire clearence problems

3. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

then it is a bolt on? relatively speaking.

4. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Wait untill the NSRA nats are over and Dick Spadaro is back on here and ask again. I would bet it is a fairly easy swap, but Im no expert. Dick is.

5. koolkemp

koolkemp

And I would love to have a 41 clip for my 47 :rolleyes:

6. ems customer service

ems customer service

the main body of 41 to 48 are all the same, the sheetmetal will interchnage, there is a minor difference with running boards from 41 and 42 to 48, the lower rear of the front fender by the running boards is the same on all years. i can not say about the front axle issue brought up here but i cant belive it was that different,

7. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I just picked up a '46 with a '41 nose done long ago. the old guy I got it from said it was a complete bolt on

8. olskool34

olskool34

Henry Ford's last personal car before his death was a 42 ford that he had his men update with a 46 frontend. It can be done.

9. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Did one back in the 50's. Seems like it wasn't right where the fender and running
    board come together. For sure the axle is narrrower on the 41

10. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

Thanks, I'm going to start the changeover soon. I will keep the board posted on progress and problems if any. Gary