Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Want to find an AD chevy truck project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alex211, Jul 24, 2011.

1. alex211

alex211
    from NW PA

I have been wanting to find an AD chevy truck to work on this winter or spring. The year range for those style trucks is 47-55 right? I was wondering where I could find a solid truck and what I would have to pay for something that isn't rusted into the ground. I was planning on finding a nice solid truck with minimal rust and swapping in a tbi 305 with a T5 for a nice driver. Then a nice paint job, sand blast and paint chassis, bodywork, just build a nice truck.

Anyone ever chop the front of the frame off and weld a 70s gm front clip on? I was think that would be an easy way to get the sbc engine mounts and good handling suspension and brakes. I live in the northeast and I was planning on making a road trip to the south west to find a nice project, how many of these trucks are still left out there? Thanks for any input you guys can give me.

2. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Easy trucks to find here in Tucson. Year range is 1948-1955.5 Well worth the drive for a rust-free unit.

3. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

If you type this in google or seach here the info is endless.

4. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

The GM clip will give you a better ride than any other options BUT not necessarily will you be able to use the motor mounts in the stock location..............
    Ever think of a rarer AD panel, shameless plug but I have one 4 sale with an optional S10 rolling chassis...................

Attached Files:

5. Never2low

Never2low

Come to Michigan and buy mine. It's already got a mustangII front and a tribar rear with full digital air-ride. Tiny bit of rust with good black paint. Pics are in my album, on my profile page. PM me if intrested. Shamless plug I know. But still.:eek::cool: