Register now to get rid of these ads!

Walk The Line.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by REVEREND JAKE, Nov 19, 2005.

1. There are few movies that I absolutely jones about, BUT Walk The Line has done it. I couldn't wait for it to come out, and FINALLY it has. It's mainly Johnny's life up to when he marries June.

Shooter Jennings (Waylon's son) even plays a cameo roll as Waylon.

The only disappointment was ONE PIECE AT A TIME isn't in the movie.

I plan to watch this again and again. I asked about promotional material before I went in to watch it, and when I came out they gave me a HUGE 24x36 poster!!!:)

Reverend Jake

2. so it was worth seeing then?

3. I'm with you man. Ever since Johnny died, I knew they had to make a movie about him. He's the whole reason I like country music! I'm going to see the movie next week sometime, and I'm pretty stoked about it. I've seen so many clips from it, and it's unbelieveable how much Phoenix looks and sounds like him. It'll definitely be one of those you never forget.

4. Uh...Yes!!! Maybe even twice or eight times.

Reverend Jake

5. Chris 50

Chris 50

I saw it Friday night. Very good movie.

6. 00 MACK

00 MACK

In one of the 1955 scenes theres a car with 5 spoke polished Americans!

7. haha i picked that up too

i said what the...? oh well fuck it.

8. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Definitely looking forward to seeing it, thanks for the review.

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

On my way tonight....

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

i watched the first show in my nieghborhhod yesturday at 1:00 p.m. and the joint was packed. excellent movie!
    it didn't hurt that ya get to hear all the obscure rockabilly in the background during the first 1/2 of the show.

11. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

im gonna check it out sunday.Ive always liked jcs music and his acting wasnt bad either.

12. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

The only part I wish they would have put in was. Whe Johnny stomped out the light at the grand ol operea (mis-spelled).

13. ponchoman

ponchoman

Thanks for the review Rev. Growin' up I saw Johnny about 50 times at Springlake Amusement Park in OKC. Started playin' guitar because of him & Bob Dylan. Was just crushed when he passed:( .

14. They touched on that when he collapsed on stage. Later in the movie they said he was banned from the opry after that incident.

Reverend Jake

15. WOW!!! I wish I could have seen him once.

I need to go see Willie while I still have the chance.

Reverend Jake

16. 52lomofo

52lomofo

went to see it last night best dam movie i've seen i awhile he better get an oscar lol it was good went and bought new cd today and they gave me new (black) t-shirt with i walk the line printed on it for buying the cd there's a new song on the cd i never heard before think he recorded it not too long before his death (When the Man comes around) good tune:)

17. Django

Django
    from Chicago

KICK ASS. Except for the Torque Thrusts at Sun.

18. I gotta wait till Wednesday........:eek:

19. does it go,

when the man comes around takin names,
    hell decide who to free and who to blame
    everybody will be treated all the same.....

yada yada

thats not unrealeased , its on one of the cds

the title of the album might even be the man comes around, not possitive on that partt though

20. 390kid

390kid

johnny was the man. its cool shooter got a cameo. great movie.

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

Just got home. It was a good movie but not great.......

22. Lionheart

Lionheart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I WALK THE LINE, I LUV THAT SONG. they allways leave out this verse, it was in the ORIGINAL recording, though.

In my best J C voice :

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
    I keep my eyes wide open all the time
    I keep my pants held up with bailing twine
    Because your mine, PLEASE PULL THE TWINE :D

23. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

just watched a clip about the making of this movie its been in the making for more than 10 years and johny and june were actualy involved in part of it.and yes he said he was banned from the opry himself on this show its been running on cmt here.also a goodshow on the highwaymen.John,Willi ,Walon and Chris plenty of interviews .while i wont say exactly where or why Johny was a room mate of my stepdads for a while but that was before my time

24. swazzie

swazzie

Dammit! I'm quittin my job tomorrow , otherwise I have to wait two weeks to see it.hehe . swaZZie

25. the 40 sedan looked like it had radials on it.
    that chick that played June was the highlight for me. tim

26. chitbox dodge

chitbox dodge
    from dunlap tn

i saw it. i give it an 8 out of a possible 10. i do however like the current genre of movies depicting both the good and the bad in artists i.e. "Ray" and "Pollack". It occurs to me though that someone needs desperately to make a movie about Sam Phillips, owner of Sun. How many names that guy must've brought out and the talent he picked up on is incredible. Even though the man was a genuine flake.

Another really good movie topic would be Hank Williams, not that fluffed up thing they made in the 60's. Maybe a good depiction of Jerry Lee Lewis is due too b/c the original they made in the 90's wasn't very good either.

One thing about the Cash movie i missed is when he spent 3 days in a cave near Hales Bar Dam. It was supposed to be some sort of religious experience for him.

anyways thats my two cents.

27. tred

tred

i thought it was eerie how much joaquin phoenix looked and sounded like johnny cash. he did an outstanding job.
    one review i read of the movie said that reese witherspoon (june carter-cash) stole the movie and she should win an award for her role...
    BULLSHIT!

none the less, this was a very good movie. entertaining and got me all hyped up on johnny's music again...

GRACIE, go see this one if you haven't already.

tred.

28. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

This is one i gotta see! The preveiws look great too.

29. TxRat

TxRat

MAN, SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant go until I I go on vacation next week.

Until then you guys are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

30. AaronP

AaronP
    from Hooker, OK

Saw it last night. We enjoyed it. My wife punched me in the ribs when I pointed out the modern 5 spoke wheels on the car in the 1955 scene.