Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest W. COLORADO guys-help find a missing International Metro...thanks!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stationWAGONS, Sep 30, 2018.

1. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

702-468-10 53
    I rewrote this based on the intentionally obtuse replies leading up to mr. "Shift wizard", who did read my post and calmly got it.

Look guys - I am in Nevada. I bought a rare old metro that was sitting up in Moab, UT.

It was the most solid one I had found. A little bit beaten up from bring moved around the ranch and used as a storage shed. But solid and all there. And it is mine.

I said nothing about not having the means to move it.

I said that I slipped up and did what people on here do a lot, sometimes calling it "Hamb relay" and thinking that means safe...I let a hobby guy move it instead of a pro. I never do this, usually.
    In retrospect this guy was WAY too excited about getting to help with an International-related old car move. Like a salesman - talking his way in, overcoming objections, dazzling me with BS.
    (*Grand total saved over a professional was only a little over $200. - I Actually read between the lines and although he said he did well in "his business", obviously things were slow and the cash was something he needed).
    And he seemed like an enthusiast.
    I thought I was helping a guy out, honestly.

"And what COULD he do?" I thought. "I have his address?"
    Well, to all of us who think people can't step out of line when they are not anonymous...crazy people WILL try it anyway.
    Also - hiding the stolen item makes things really tough!

~It was stolen from me mid transport... By the yahoo I let talk his way into moving it.

~Yes, COPS are involved, but he threw a wrench in things.
    ~He ran off with it and HID IT somewhere. No kidding.

So then Istarted unravelling all that fake personna he presented. Turns out he is not a successful stone craftsman living in UT who also has a house Boulder, CO..

He is kind if a gypsy type who lives in a shack and bullies and irritates people in his town. He does work, but for someone else and exclusively in CO, through some high end contractor. Which is a weird fit in itself, if the guy looks like I hear he does.
    Just kind of a dirty old hoarder type.

According to IH enthisiasts he has bothered and tried to sidle up to, he does have access to some building of shack in or around boulder CO.
    But he owns nothing there under his name.

So that is likely hiding place #1.

He tried to use the van to extort money from me instead of delivering it. I refused, got the law on it. Before they reacted, he ran off and hid it.
    Lots more crazy stuff and maneuvering too, but basically that is it.

People in the IH hobby have helped. It turns out he is an oddball. He is full of BS and fake stories about his life and livelihood but tells the same "I have a construction business and also own a home in Boulder, CO" story to all.
    There is no where friendly enough to him in So UT to let him hide it.
    He is a real outsider there.

1-So Boulder is a likely place.
    He goes there a lot, owns nothing there so it has to be on Someone's land.

2-Someone in in Grand Junction area confirmed it is hidden in a roundabout way through someone else. I don't think I should give the dfetails but it was only half-helpful. But he has an accomplice.
    I have to hold details back but if you are around Bouldet or Palisade area look out for it.

Anyone close to this theft or helping out, OR who knows a lot of IH truck people...already knows who I am describing.
    EK
    Green River, UT
    Drives a 1990s school bus as a tow rig
    This guy has gone to great effort to take, move and hide a vehicle owned by someone else. He has no claim to it and has been breaking the law since he cut off communications.

He is a sad character, but I can't feel bad for people who take from others.
    Weird shit.

No post necessary unless you know something.
    And I put my phone number for that too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Good luck flushing out the Metro and regaining possession of it. You didn't specifically say so, but your comments imply you have bought and paid for the Metro or are otherwise it's rightful owner....

Ray

3. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Oh yes thanks - of course.
    I always have sellers take old, "out of the system" and get a new one. WHen I bring stuff to NV, they want to be able to find it in the current computer system.

Yep. This is mine - that was done before I found this person.
    I ran across him while looking for better wheels/tires to help my shipper.
    I bought some, he installed them and that was to be all.

then he talked me into letting him transport it, blah blah.

Then he did a small part of the job, decided he'd be clever and try to withhold it and ransom it for more & "instead" if doing the transport job.
    This is a crazy person. Not dumb...nuts.

Apparently the whole world around his stomping grounds in Utah. and the IH hobby people who talk to him already knew there was something "off", in varying amounts.
    Came from e. Europe and has just bullied and gone against the grain since he got here in the 80s.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I am neither a lawyer nor a law enforcement officer.....but it seems to me you have a 'theft' or some such criminal offense that involves Interstate movement of the 'goods'....one would think that alone would be of interest to authorities at a higher level than local police......

Ray

5. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Thank you. One would...think. but rural cops are not super adept at times.
    So yes unfortunately this has had to be handled with the assistancevso far of state level folks, for a number of reasons. Things are in the works but my personal mission has been to investigate this person and locate it. I am extremely close but need all the eyes around boulder, Grand junction to help.

He has very limited financial resources but yook an unlikely trip up to WA (20+ hrs drive) with a broken down trailer a while back and no one knows why.
    But everything else points to CO.

Lots of IH people in CO, and their world is small. They don't need a bad apple.

First photos are "as found". It had very hard to find 17.5" 1 piece wheels.
    Big 6 lug, 6 on 7.25", pattern!

1-They are air force blue. But repainted red and flaking off. These are rare and never come up for sale - if you see mine or bought them from a hoarder down in UT...let me know.
    2-I had him switch those off the van for some 16"lock ring wheels i bought with good tires from coonrod's. They are black and blue. They were on it when taken.

These photos show those.

He also took my old red 17.5" wheels. .
    Watch for these in the IH world.
    I heard they were sold. Everyone tells ne hearsay but only pieces

Like they know more but don't want to implicate themselves. Tiring..

(MODS - Sorry if this reply violates a rule about bumping an ad up- i have not been on here in a while.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Man.....this just gets worse and “worser”..........Sincerely hope things take turn for the better soon.

Ray

7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

So im totally lost.
    Is this guy the shipper or the builder?
    You say SW Colorado repeatedly but keep saying Boulder, which is NOT SW Colorado.
    You called cops, but they let him pull the vehicle away on a trailer?
    What are you looking for exactly?
    What is the perps name?
    Where was it last seen?

8. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I’m kinda like Gearhead, not quite sure what’s exactly what’s going on here. A person has to wade through a lot of words to glean out the actual information. Maybe that’s where trouble with the cops came from. Being a former law enforcement officer, can remember trying to get to the bottom of an incident and people giving way too much info on unrelated stuff, hid the information needed to determine what was going on at that moment.

If you want your truck, go to his home town file a complaint, have him arrested and bring him before a judge. But YOU have to sign it. But remember, like Jack Webb said “ just the facts, man”. People like you are the reason he had to say that. Hope you don’t take offense, but that’s the facts, man.

Bones

9. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Never mind.
    If you are not a friend of this bum, who has seen it or heard a b.s. story of why he is in possession of it, no need to worry aobut it.
    That is who I am am hoping this message gets to.

He hid it away from his house. Not hard to understand, but thanks.

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

so many words yet nothing was said.o_O

11. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

OK, well I haven't seen it. And I cant understand your long ass story.
    So ill close my eyes, and not relay the story to any of my friends who live in boulder or palisade as we don't even know who the guy is, or why he had it (transport, build, store, wtf)
    Good thing the IH crowd is small, they'll all know who it is by the convoluted story of what might have been

12. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Joe blow took my truck to do XYZ work to it. He fell through on the work and is holding my truck hostage, The Anytown USA cops went to get it and its gone. We know he hangs out in these towns..... We last knew it to be at his shop on main street, but it could be any of these other places.

(wow, look how fast that was to get out the basics)

13. 41woodie

41woodie

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't fully understand the situation. I can't tell who did what to whom and why they did it. Please take this as constructive criticism but perhaps you could edit out about 90% of your original post and pare it down to who, what, when and where. There a lot of guys on the HAMB who could be helpful if they understood the situation better.

14. I don't think the story is that hard to figure out. The new owner of the truck wanted to get it home but didn't have the means. He "hires" another dude to do the job. The dude hauls off the truck but never delivers it. The dude is not acting rationally and doesn't respond to rational offers to accept some form of payment and turn over the truck where ever it is, no more "delivery" needed. The dude is a nut case.

Texas57, Blue One, 48fordnut and 3 others like this.
  15. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Thank god. Yes. Exactly. I rewrote the 1st post now, but obviously it said all that. Maybe just too much more too? Certainly nothing extra that would warp a reader's brain so they could not comprehend ANY of it.
    Why do people read stuff that doesn't interest them, tune out and read half and then say (or here, comment) that a clearly described timeline that does not matter to them is "convoluted", just to add to their number of posts?. It never fails.

16. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

nothing to see here. just adding to my post count

17. 974A7C83-3A86-47F3-AF10-A5A0278D88D2.gif

I know this is what we would all like to see happen, but in all likelihood, just can’t as know your at the wrong end of the law.

I have a question.

You own the truck and have the ownership in your name, correct? ( I read your original post and the 2nd write up and I think you wrote that)

I get what happened.
    Hired idiot
    Said idiot spouted verbal diarrhea that sounded “solid”
    But it was all bull shit
    Got your truck and is now hiding it/ stole it.

Now when you got the local police involved, what was there take on it?
    He stole/ trying to extort money from you. Both serious crimes where I’m from, and they can’t arrest him/ detain him get anything out of him?!?

I’m not saying do anything violent or threading at all. But what I found works is if you pay him a visit with some of your bigger, angrier looking friends and try and talk this out, and I’m being serious peacefully!
    It’s worked for me in the past where you show the idiot that your not playing games and you just want your stuff back.
    Have him build the whole “ beaten and left for dead” scenario in his own pea brained head.

Just a thought, this sucks and I hope it all works out for you.

18. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Now it’s getting complicated, you are changing previous post. My post was intended to help you get your truck back. The lack of police action,was probably because they couldn’t make heads or tails of your problem. They don’t like wading through a lot of rambling,.... just the facts.
    I waded through the post and kinda figured out what happen.

When you add all that other shit, you hurt your case. Believe me the law works not only “ by the law” ,personalities play a big part in action. If you don’t believe this, you are naive.

And please proof read just a little bit.

Bones

19. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

lol - "Have him build the whole “ beaten and left for dead” scenario in his own pea brained head."

Good advice last 2 posts.
    And I wish I could air it out here and give you say, the interactions with the local law - then you'd have the a-ha experience. But that is not the best isdea.
    I just want the photos in all circles I can.

It is a weird deal, and so twisty and stupid that I feel stupid telling it. This guy is just a strange one set on making others' lives hard because he is an unhappy sort.

Unfortunately he has a history of similar nonsense people tell me.

DOUCHE CANOE.

Unfortunately, a lot of Rural UT law enforcement is kind of along the lines of Buford T Justice in Smoky & The Bandit.
    They can do the part they can do, but no one cares more about finding this thing than I do. They don't have a task force that's gonna go recover it.
    That is unfortunately falling to me to connect the dots for them, so they get the whole pictures of how big a deal it is. I think he took it across state lines.
    Like I said originally I have had to move it up to state, not local folks.

(My opinion is, from what I have learned)...
    Local cops kind of created this monster by judging past trangressions as not worthy of arrest or report. Dismissing some shenanigans he's done as no big deal.
    I cannot believe how many people have told me their stories. It is a crazy little town.

Things that might indicate a person with a tendency to violate people's right again, if he feels entitled and gets a pass on the first few things he does.
    And here is the proof. If you are set on being a thorn in people's side and you get away with it why not up your game I guess?!
    Thanks - let me know.

20. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

That’s better, thanks.

Bones

21. "Douche canoe" ? Is that also its means of propulsion ? Take a right ..... squeeze the bulb man !! I'm giving her all she's got Captain !!! I can't give her no more !

Don't mind me. I'm in Texas, eating Crayons.

22. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

23. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Just sayin, but Grand Junction is a lot closer to Green River than Boulder. Eyes open here, and best of luck in your quest.

24. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Right but those aren't random, it's towns that are this guy's stomping grounds.
    I never knew there was a bump in the road in UT called green river (where the perpetrator is...but works all the time/has some shack in boulder)...AND a WY town called Green River.
    Recently via some help i got, we have info that someone outed themselves as being involved. And they live in Palisade CO.
    So it is prob. In CO since No one can find it in the tiny town he lives in...G.R.,UT.
    So we are working on it but those 2-3 places are probably it. This guy is not rich and has few friends. Not like he has priveleges all over, with friends' back yards.
    Old czechoslovakian IH hoarder who drives a school bus as a tow rig.

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd think the "does anyone know of a guy in Colorado that drives an old school bus as a tow rig" might be the start. That would also include that he may hang out between Grand Junction Colorado and Green River Utah.

There is a Green River in Utah that is a wide spot in the road tourist and traveler stop. If you drove though there you probably bought gas and something to eat. I damned near burned up my clutch on a grade a few miles west of there towing a trailer up here behind my 48.
    One problem in both of those towns is that there are so many strange looking vehicles traveling through that a bus towing a car trailer with a metro van on it probably wouldn't draw much attention outside of someone who was into those vans.

26. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

You need to let someone know who this guy is so he can not “help” somebody else on HAMB

6inarow, Hnstray and winduptoy like this.
  27. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

28. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

29. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

The guy you're talking about picked up a Model A from me several years ago to deliver to a buyer in Oregon. Will go through my photo file as I took pictures of the whole setup, bus with trailer, looked pretty sketchy. Will PM you if I find the photos.