Register now to get rid of these ads!

VOTE NOW! TECH WEEK October-2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul, Oct 19, 2015.

?
  1. How I'm making my own dadgum frame for my roadster in the basement

16.3%
  2. Making a Column Transition From A Lampshade

3.4%
  3. how to fill trim holes

0.9%
  4. Relocating Electrical Leads

1.7%
  5. TONY'S SIMPLE TECH NO 1

0.3%
  6. Louvered batterybox from scratch

0.3%
  7. Build A Removable Trans Tunnel with Virtually No Tools

2.0%
  8. Easy pattern making

6.0%
  9. 5.00 32 ford windshield hinges and windshield mounted to a model A

0.3%
  10. 3-SOME SPICE! Oops, I meant SPLICE!

1.1%
  11. dash top tach tech

0.6%
  12. Technical Reproducing an emblem

6.6%
  13. Self contained electric air conditioning

3.2%
  14. INSTANT HEAT, just dont add water

0.6%
  15. Halibrand/Winters Quickchange

1.1%
  16. Rattle Can Lacquer Paint Job

0.9%
  17. wiper arm install

0.6%
  18. Brake line bender

1.4%
  19. Cutting and Routing Exhaust Mandrel U-Bends

10.9%
  20. Everybodys' Third hand

2.0%
  21. False Riveting Alliance or other tags for holeless Installation

0.6%
  22. Radiator overflow or steampunk pipe bomb

2.0%
  23. Fixing the Model A door

1.1%
  24. Dumbest tech ever(but still useful)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. super dumb wheel holder for painting

0.3%
  26. How I made a model A hood top and stretched the sides

2.6%
  27. Holley, a support fixture for quick-change of jets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  28. Fill 32 Radiator Shell old school no bondo

0.3%
  29. Building a simple hot rod hood

1.1%
  30. Polishing Aluminum

3.7%
  31. Emboss your valve cover

11.5%
  32. Drinkin' and drivin' made easy!

4.3%
  33. "Scratch" Built Dual Cowl Vents for a '32 Roadster

1.7%
  34. Hand-Punched Louvers with a Stone Chisel

9.5%
  35. 32-34 spindles with 53 and up hubs

1.1%
  1. To be fair to Blowby it has always been the rule for Tech Week that threads had to be new and not previously posted.

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Is it just me ? It seems like the tech week entry's are weaker on tech than some past tech weeks.
    I don't know which to vote for.....
    And, IMHO there are a few that just don't belong in a tech week.....

3. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

I remembered seeing HRP's drip rail post from the past also. I decided that since it appealed to so many and had so many reads and responses, I would not bring the issue up.
    What I was glad to see is that HRP, when he saw the conflict, withdrew his post from the voting. A true gentleman, but we all knew that.

I'm kinda glad HRP is out, 'cause I could use the votes;)

ProEnfo and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

all good techs. Is there a way to keep them?

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Irony. I was trying to make up my mind between the 'cutting and fitting exhaust mandrel bends" thread and the "hand-punching louvers with a stone chisel" thread and REALLY having a tough time, both are outstanding threads, and both are stuff I will actually use at some point. I assumed that the "louvers" thread probably had a shitload of votes, and the 'Cutting mandrel bends" had less, I decided "ah, what the hell, vote for the underdog". After I voted, I saw the results, the "mandrel bends" post has way more votes. So much for best intentions.:rolleyes::(

6. Well how hard do you expect them to work for a model truck. :D

Hey thanks for voting fellas makes it a little more interesting..

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  7. mine is one of those that is not really a technical post, it was posted just to make tech week more interesting, not interested in winning, just playing along ........ sorry.......where's yours?

F&J, lurker mick, bct and 1 other person like this.
  8. Paul

Paul
    Editor

For an impromptu grass roots tech week with almost no advance notice I think we have a great bunch of tech.
    And some fantastic support in prizes from you all

F&J, pitman, bct and 7 others like this.
  9. Mine would be one of those not to tech-ie posts, maybe its even one of those that don't belong. . There no way it would win but everyone would have a use for it . Some guys have used it already and some guy wished they saw it earlier. the thing is, it works.
    As a matter of fact its not even up for votes.

Everyone who got involved should be commended not ridiculed. You got involved on the prize end and that's what this tech week was about, grassroots and members getting involved.

Ever heard this little story?

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have.

Bam.inc, Stogy, Bulletnose26 and 4 others like this.
  10. Right on Paul !!!!

11. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I posted what I was up to because it seems like everybody wants to sell parts rather than give away the information. I picked something simple I figured some guys could use.

bct likes this.
  12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Where's my entry? Good question, I could have pulled something from my build and submitted it but to be honest I'm tight for time these days.
    There are some good threads and I have pledged a $ prize for the winner .
    I just feel that there are a few tech threads that I myself feel are ones that make me think "what? are you serious "?
    In any case , no sense naming them, I'll just pick one I like and vote. :D
    Larry.

13. Budget36

Budget36

And more drama unfolds....

This is my first Tech Week, unless I missed one since joining, I found everything useful, some way beyond my means, but dang, sometimes the simplest of ideas, can save someone a week of BS.

I know one thing, in the short time I've been here, IF I had the equipment and knowledge that several of the TW threads allude to, I'd probably have voted for them, but I'm a simple person,and still use an old distributor cap as a pen and pencil holder...yes, saw that in a HR Mag 40 years ago;)

Can't see why anyone would want to think "this isn't enough Tech", heck as I understand the HAMB, it's not just showing off your traditional HotRod, but helping folks along the way.

I've see many post by guy's who run/own shops about how they do things...heck, look at Dennis Lacy's thread on his '32 PU...there has to be 30 Tech Week items in there, and the man runs a business, and shares his knowledge.

Whether it be a thread on how to change your oil or how to cast an engine block, I enjoy them all and appreciate all who contributed.

okay...stepping down now...

Bam.inc, 270dodge and tb33anda3rd like this.
  14. Man,that made my head hurt! :D HRP

15. I agree with almost all of the above......Lot's of great tech item's.and everyone should feel good about submitting...
    What constitutes a vote? The wildest? the most ingenious? the out-side the box'est?......
    I have to go with things that are within my means,and what I'm capable of........
    Everything is usefull ,and will be stored for a later date............

Ryan, Stogy, Budget36 and 1 other person like this.
  16. flamingokid

flamingokid

No,that would make too much sense.The Power Elite like the system the way it is,crooked and broken.As for the contestants,it's a hard choice but I think I made mine.

17. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Voted for one. This was my first "real time" tech week. Thanks to all that submitted, from the "holy crap I'll never have those skills or tools" to the "holy crap I feel stupid for not thinking of that use for a zip tie" posts.

18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think most are focusing on the many cool pictures and not reading the fine print...;) I voted...not for me either.
    Hey I was just thinking when you see the politician voting do you think they are voting for themselves?
    Man its justa click, read, click done...couple days left. Make the title flash. Seriously thanks for the opportunity to do this and congratulations to all that submitted. There is a wealth of ingenuity here to be sourced. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  19. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Not sure if I'm the only one here, but I don't see anywhere to vote... I see all tech threads and stickies but no poll vote on them. Maybe it's because I use the hamb app on the phone.

20. Deadbird

Deadbird

I'm not sure the voting thing works on the app. I had to vote from my computer.

21. gonmad

gonmad

You may have to use your browser, it works fine on my phone, thru the internet that is.

22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I tried the app out and found just liking something difficult. I use the chrome browser and seems more like the computer at home. We should give the mods feedback so they can make changes. I think I used home computer too.

23. I would like to take a moment to thank ....[insert sniffles] ....all.....3[cough, cough] of my supporters. Words cannot [more sniffles] ....describe....the heaviness in my heart. As I travel [clearing throat noises] the long ....road, back to my small garage....all 3 of you, will forever live in my...[hicup]....memories. God bless [whimpering sniffles] each, and every one of you...3.:p Some [sniffle sniffle] may think....that....there's still..[tears running down face]...time, but reaching that 50 vote goal....has proven...[loud blowing nose into hanky] ..to be..[clearing throat again] ...a greater challenge...than..anticipated.:rolleyes:

24. You need a hug man, that's all.
    Put the hanky away and take solice in the words of Theodore Roosevelt .

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Stogy, gonmad and charleyw like this.
  25. Custompainter99

Custompainter99
    from San Jose

how do we see all the different techs? are they in a single forum?

26. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

All of this info in one place, this is crazy. I would like to thank everyone, that has contributed to tech week. Around 30 threads, and only 200 votes, maybe some of the HAMB, don't know how to vote. I got mine in and was surprised at how little of votes. There are a lot of them that were so simple that I loved them, good luck to everyone.

Stogy and 31Vicky with a hemi like this.
  27. bct

bct

Opinion. Whoever made it so the contest included all the entries deserves a pat on the back. Acknowledging all entries will make more and even better tech weeks ahead.

28. mike bowling

mike bowling

Warning!---Because "dadgum" has been recognized as a copyrighted term ( 3WLarry Enterprises, 2015) , and you failed to acknowledge same in your post, a class action suit may be filed. All proceeds from such suit to benefit the 3WLarry " A - Frame Foundation"
    Law offices of: "Dewie, Cheatum, and Howe"

(Good luck to all the entrants- if you played, you won.)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    3wLarry, pitman and Stogy like this.
  29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Mike, I enjoyed sharing something other than pictures and other things I can assist or comment on which is fun too... If anyone learned something new from it and utilizes it even better. Is Dadgum better Den De Uddergum?