Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vortex Fuel Additive - old

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StillOutThere, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Anyone remember Vortex fuel additive made by Vortex of Wildwood, NJ ? A friend ran into a guy with a few quart can cases at a swap meet. Add one quart to a 20 gal. tank of Sunoco 260 and it will raise your octane rating 5 points the can says. Now its been, what?, 40 years since we've had Sunoco 260 alone, so this stuff has been on the shelf a while.

Was this stuff any good back in the day? Would you still try a can of it in today's ethanol premium and see what it does? I realize 99 of 100 additives of any sort should not be put into anything except the trash but.... Would you throw it away? Inquiring minds want to know!

2. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wouldn't throw it away, I'd have it on the shelf with my other old kool shit.

3. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I used Vortex back in the early '80's when it was available here in Wichita. Mixed it with 95 octane Skelly. Worked good in my 12 to 1 compression race motor. Don't know what the shelf life of it is. Would make a kool collecter can!

4. Here is a picture of the Vortex can, front and back to jog memories. Photo credit: Al Peirish

Attached Files: