Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest vortec head finned valve covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buickvalvenut, Nov 25, 2016.

1. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

would it be worth the time to make old school style finned valve covers for the center bolt Vortec head? Would people be interested in such item?

2. i think they are already being made?

Johnny Gee likes this.
  3. They make them. Look on EBay.

4. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

i found them but not what i was hoping for. I read about them and heard you also get what you paid for..they dont seal right. Ill go ahead and make a much better looking set.
    thanks.

5. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

what i found. The best looking of the bunch. Still something wrong with the base. Too thick of a lip

Attached Files:

• $_57.jpg
      $_57.jpg
      File size:
      127.8 KB
      Views:
  6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I can only suggest that you run your number's and see if you can compete with the market. Might be cheaper to find the issue that disappoints you and just mill them to fit as you'd like them to fit. Either way, I see no profit to be made.

7. Maybe do them up with the fins running width wise like the 56-57 Lincoln Continentals utilized.
    That would be different and make them very desirable.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. aaggie

aaggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Speedway sells an adapter that bolts on the 4-bolt head and allows you to use any of the older valve covers. They have an "O" ring seal and at $89 are not a deal breaker. It will even allow you to use the staggered bolt finned Corvette covers and since they sit higher with the adapter even tall rocker arms clear.

mad mikey likes this.
  9. Moon valve covers. Not cheap, but fine quality and timeless. 1200 (1).jpg

mad mikey likes this.