Register now to get rid of these ads!

VonDutch Bus

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BrandonB, Jan 19, 2007.

1. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

VonDutch bus and contents just sold at Barrett-Jackson for $40K. People had no idea what they had.

2. You beat me to that one. Did you see the look and hear the frustration in Craig's pleading?

Damn I would have bought it for that much!!!

3. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Couldn't believe it. The thing was stuck at 20K for awhile. I thought it was going to sell for that.

4. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Was there really much in it besides a few engine turned panels and a stripe or two? Saw some pictures before it was cleaned up and it looked pretty bare. Was the etched window still in tact?

5. Yea, now watch this restromod bus go for stupid money.

6. Von Dutch Bus $40,000

Next on the block:

No name (but well done) 1935 White bus $175,000

[​IMG]

7. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Had the refrig, tool boxes, (his?) drill press, tools, toilet, signs he made.. Don't know about the etched window.

8. AspecialZ

AspecialZ

did you see the pinstripping on the fridge!?!?!?! What a shame!

9. flip7262

flip7262
    from Minnesota

I couldn't believe that either. Should have gone for more, lots of history in that bus.

Junkyard

10. gasser52

gasser52
    BANNED

11. Probably bought by some marketing Genius ....who will plant it in his Rodeo Drive clothing store and let customers peruse thru the latest Bullshit :D V-D offerings,while taking a dump where he did.....

12. Ramblux

Ramblux

From the MrSharkey.com site:

13. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I disagree.

14. gasser52

gasser52
    BANNED

disagree with what?

15. Mojo

Mojo

So they gutted it of everything that made it his? I can see why it didn't go for as much then. Instead of preserving history, they chose to maximize profits.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

I wonder how many people in the BJ tent thought the bus was original design studio for the T shirts?:rolleyes:

17. Thats pretty funny, but scary that it is probaly what some people were thinking.

CBB

18. I think the bus brought way more than it was worth. It was the filthy remains of a derelicts lifestyle. Von Dutch was a talented person who sold himself short and chose to live as bum. Very creative, fantastic gunsmith, mediocre striper. He valued his life as nothing, others made him an icon. His lifestyle killed him.
    A sad final accounting at the auction block.

19. I love it when someone slaughters a sacred cow. Especially when I agree with them.

20. a junk bus with red wheels. BJ shills really earned their money on that one after it stalled at 20 grand. Dutch has got to laughing his ass off over all this... if he's sober that is.

21. rockabillyjoe

rockabillyjoe
    from Seattle

He wasn't a biggot or a racist. He hated about everyone.

22. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

He is laughing in his grave......

23. Ramblux

Ramblux

Hahaha, yeah I guess I have to agree when you guys put it that way. I did like his work, though.

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I wish VD would be allowed to quietly go away. He had nothing to do with wealthy folk's auction blocks or clothing lines or people in general. I never met 'im but I know plenty who did and learned from him, and he should just be allowed to fade away with whatever little dignity he left with.

25. 36tbird

36tbird

If I have the time, I always ask the kids wearing the t-shirts if they have any idea who Von Dutch was. I've maybe done this about 20 times and I have yet to get anything more than a shrug and a look that says, "why is this grey headed ol' fart asking me this?":confused:

26. Chad s

Chad s

Now B-J has a "Rock and Roll" auction too. There are many non music related items, such as several Von Dutch tools and works of art up for bid.

I want the Bill Haley guitar!

EDIT: There was a seperate ed roth and von dutch auction that was on Wednesday. There was some nice sutff. Maybe it was stuff that didnt sell at the R_M auction.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/scottsdale/rocknroll/vondutch.asp