Register now to get rid of these ads!

Von Dutch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old Roadster, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Just turned on the tv to barrett-jackson and von dutch's bus was on the auction block, neat old bus and work shop looked like a museum. The bidding was at 60k then for some reason they started over, it finally sold for 40k. anybody see it, they also mentioned he made guns I didn't know that and they are highly prized by collectors.

2. he also made knifes

3. VonDutch was crazier than a shit house rat---and according to everything I've read about him, had a pissy personality as well. But----the guy had a lot of talent as a machinist/gunsmith/craftsman/pinstriper.

4. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

There were two people Ken/Dutch. This schizophrenic conflict fueled some very creative and very tragic situations

I miss the guy he was nice enough to turn off ''Dutch'' often when we sat and talked.

The more he drank or in a crowd of people he'd loose control and ''Dutch'' always won. He knew this but like Jeckel and Hyde it was a wonderful drug that allowed him to say or do most anything he felt like.

"Ken" was a very creative Imp. "Dutch" could be the devil.

It's new years I alway take a little time and think of those that I miss