Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Von Dutch original, Paul Sylva's ARDUN T Modified Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy B, Aug 14, 2011.

1. tatersgravy

tatersgravy
    from midwest

I'd love to have that for just one Saturday, what a great piece of history!

2. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

you are one lucky s.o.b.!

3. robber

robber

This is a great and rare example of "Von Dutch" on an equally impressive hot rod! The car is magnificent by itself! Anything that Kenny Howard touched became a piece of American Folk Art in the true sense of the term. What he gave us is timeless and pinstripers will for ever more emulate his style. Thank you for sharing the sweet close ups of "Von Dutch" work (or was it play?).

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  4. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

That car was at a shop that sold used classic cars in Ventura a few years ago.. We went to see a 32 3 window that Bob bleed bought and there it was.. He also had a 32 roadster that was an old cover car..
    Crazy!!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Pics

Attached Files:

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, that is one interesting car. Glad to see that it managed to get it's self in good hands.

7. stephane-rod

stephane-rod
    from france

8. Back to Thunder Alley

Back to Thunder Alley
    from Dallas, TX

It was my Uncle Jim Nairn who built the original chassis for this car in 1951. He didn't have the money to finish the project at the time and sold it to Paul Sylva. Uncle Jim and my Dad Don Nairn were among the pioneers of racing development in the 1940's and '50's and beyond doing pattern and machine work for the likes of Stu Hilborn, Ed Iskenderian, Jack Engle, Vic Edelbrook, Trayco Engineering while operating out of their shops on Jefferson Blvd, in Culver city (better known back in the day as THUNDER ALLEY.

9. Back to Thunder Alley

Back to Thunder Alley
    from Dallas, TX

@Legendary Lars - I'm guessing you still have this beauty?? This is Jason (Greg's son). I know we had spoken last year and you were still in possession of this beautiful piece of work. I'm heading to Thunder Alley this coming weekend to begin the dig thru all of my grandfather and great uncle's relics in pursuit of starting over on the book project my father had planned.

If you have any recent pics (still or action photos) I would love to see them!

Stogy, Ric Dean and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

Keeping the dream alive, hope all is well with you.
    Ric Dean