Register now to get rid of these ads!

VLV Security

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by capten icon, Mar 24, 2011.

1. capten icon

capten icon
    from Lodi

Hello everyone,

This question is mainly for those who have participated in the car show at Viva Las Vegas. I understand that it will be gated and have security watching it overnight. Has this been done before? If so, have you participated in leaving your car there overnight? Is it safe to do so? Has anyone stolen parts off your ride? Thanks for the comments and opinions. Just wondering because its my first time going and don't want to lose anything, know what I mean?

-Pete

2. A buddy of mine did itlast year. As far as he knows, no reports of theft or anything like that. The new spot at the Orleans seems pretty safe.

3. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram

One of the things we try and do at VLV is to make the car show area as safe as possible overnight so that you do not need to worry about your ride. The car show area is fully fenced in and the gates are locked at 10pm each night. No-one is allowed in from 10pm to 10am. The car show area has really good lighting and is watched by security all night. And, being Vegas, it has security cameras. We do go to great lengths to ensure the safety of cars and people at VLV. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

4. Kerry67

Kerry67

I would not worry about it....Security is great and there will be a million old cars and more important, car people hanging around. I am positive I would not let anyone mess with anyones car if I saw them, and I am very secure about having my 56 out there for a few days.....We all have our eyes open for everyones ride....

5. Just because there is going to be good security at the event (I am not disputing that) it is still wise to be vigilant. Fuel shut-offs, hidden ignition-disable switch, the Club etc etc are still VERY good ideas anywhere. Not suggesting that you don't already have them, just think of this as a friendly reminder if you don't though :).