Register now to get rid of these ads!

VLC shop tools, european KRW equiliant.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OHV DeLuxe, Jun 30, 2011.

1. OHV DeLuxe

OHV DeLuxe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norway

A month ago i was fortunate enough to find a barn full of stuff from a local Ford dealership and shop that started in 1924 and closed in 1966.

Among other things i found quite a few original KRW and VLC shop tools for early Ford Model T, A, B and 18. Most of them are identified but i have few left that i beleive are post 1949 tools.

Numbers on the tools from left are as follows:

Nr 1: GE 4851 A
    Nr 2: GE 3130
    Nr 3: GC 6306
    Nr 4: G 6306 A

The second tool is slightly angled from the triangular base and might be a lower ball removal tool for A-arm front end?

If somebody on here has a VLC catalog for identification or if someone has a similar KRW tool that might explain the use for these i would really appreciate it, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Posted some breakout on the Barn: The numbers are basic (that is, not complete) Ford part numbers for the parts the tools are used on...so, por ejemplo, the 6306's are used on crankshaft timing gears. The smaller one is flathead...other one I don't recognize. The basic opurpose can thus be determined by the number, application by car type and model will require comparing with actual parts or cracking the code at beginning of number.
    Pretty sure the G will prove to be flathead, GE I think must be big truck.