Register now to get rid of these ads!

Viva or Roundup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Kurt, Jan 7, 2008.

1. The Kurt

The Kurt
    from Nebraska

I live in Nebraska and will be attending one of these events. Which one do you guys think more worth the effort?

Thanks,
    Kurt

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

Round Up fo Sho !!!!!

3. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Viva for music, Round Up for cars.

4. ditto

5. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

BOTH for me this year!

6. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Go to Viva if you have to ask such a stupid question.

-Jason

7. Cirilian

Cirilian

Never been to roundup so I can only talk outta my a$$ about that. Viva is cool but it does seem a bit like the cars come second to all the other stuff.

8. sixtysicks

sixtysicks

The Round-up is getting ridiculous! Its got to be one of the best in the country.

9. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Roundup. Et tu, Brutus?

10. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

With all the uncertainty surrounding Viva, I'd say save your money for the Round Up.

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

RoundUp hands down

12. Crease

Crease

You won't regret heading to the Round Up

13. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

14. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Round up. it will make you want to move here. ask pretty much any of the guys from Austin who posted before me.:D

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'll be at the roundup this year so you know it's the place to be... :)

May go ahead and drive to Viva while I'm out that way...

16. sololobo

sololobo

El Numero Uno***The Lonestar Round Up*** Viva is not a bad thing, but its not as cool as the Round Up.-My Opinion!!-Sololobo

17. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

It's really apples and oranges...

VIVA is an extremely condenced event with stuff happening every second for about 5 days. It's more than just a car show. It started as a music event with prefered parking for old cars and is still a Music event first that's built a world class carshow to compliment it.

The round-up is all about cars. There are music events surrounding it too but it's first and formost a car centered event. Not just a car show but it's all about the cars. It's not nearly as contained either... To truely enjoy all aspects of it, expect to be DRIVING all over central Tejas...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  18. Brewton

Brewton

Roundup - end of story!

19. dave s

dave s

i couldnt say it any better.

the one time i went to viva it was kind of a let down. i'n not really into the music, so it was more of a $75 car show...

20. tatooedtrash

tatooedtrash

yeah the round up is better unless you like drunk assholes tossing bottles at your car as you sleep or gamble the night away security sucks there

21. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

If your into cars The Round-up, if your into Cholo-billies fighting, Viva.

22. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Theres usually a few of us from Nebraska that make the annual trip to the Round-up. Follow us down and check it out. It's the only way your gonna know for sure. I know it's said that it is first a car show but the music scene in Austin is outstanding and these guys do a world-class job of bringing in great bands. I go for the music as much as the car show. Can't even begin to tell you how great the people of Austin are and really seem to roll out the red carpet for this event. Never been to Viva so can't comment. Gary

23. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

I just hope the cholo billies stay at viva and don't work their way east towards Roundup....

24. S.F.

S.F.

when are both shows?

25. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

What he said.

Malcolm

26. The Kurt

The Kurt
    from Nebraska

Thanks for all of the replies. It's still up in the air but I think the lone star state is calling me.

27. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

Viva is first and formost music event and second a car show. But ,besides that, tghe car show still kicks major nalgas

28. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

Man its getting bad everywhere. These greaser gangs are getting bigger. Its stupid, their not even into to cars(unless they'r stealing it) and they show up to the shows in mass and start f-ing everybody. I've even seen them flying colors now. One greaser gang will show up wearing all white shorts and another gang all wearing black shirts. Its sad. One greaser gang even stole our car club name and logo and is using it as there own, starting shit with other respectable clubs. Then these clubs are hitting us up thinking its us. F-ing idiot gang members.:mad:

29. Glen

Glen

I have been to viva four times and I have seen enough of the shit box festival, I am headed to the Roundup....and I live in Arizona.

Viva is for the music/fashion crowd.

30. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

That's a tough question cause you're in Nebraska. It's an approximately 156 mi difference between the two trips. The Round Up being the closer one according to Google earth. Here's all the info I got from the website for each show.

Here's some break down numbers:

Viva - 4 day pass for $77.50 plus tax per person(if you book before March 21st).
    Here's what you get: Admission to all VLV events, bands, record hops, burlesque, car show, vendors, jiving classes for all 4 days. It also entitles you to register a car for the VLV Shifters Car Show.

So if you're only interested in the car show it's $77.50 for putting your car in the show.

Round Up: $50 to register each vehicle you're bringing for the car show. (one vehicle and person per registration).

Here's what you get with registering for the car show: Your registration guarantees you and your car admission inside the gates on Friday and Saturday, April 4 & 5th at the Travis County Expo Center, and gets you a commemorative dash plaque.

Registration is for those who are bringing vehicles only, If you are not bringing a vehicle, there is no need to register.

General Admission wristbands (good for admission all weekend) are available to the public and for any additional passengers for $10 at the gate on Friday and Saturday; kids under 12 are FREE.

Based on those facts alone I'd pick the Round Up.