Register now to get rid of these ads!

Viva Las Vegas event DVD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GASSERGUY, Apr 13, 2005.

1. GASSERGUY

GASSERGUY

2. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Can everybody else see that? I'm getting nothing in the Quicktime box.

3. Worked fine for me!

4. Worked for me.-MIKE:cool:

5. RotHod

RotHod
    from So Cal

Did you happen to catch any of the jackasses on video that have caused all the problems with future VLV??

6. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Looks good.

But it's interesting that the first things shown are a burnout and a huge ass flame throw.

Also interesting that the tagline is "what happens in Vegas....". Kind of implies that you can do shit in LV that you wouldn't dare do at home. Like start fights, drink too much, do burnouts & flame throw in a crowd.

NOT trying to be a downer... and NO disrespect to the creators of the video (it looks very professional), but I wonder if the scene doesn’t breed what it most despises?

7. GASSERGUY

GASSERGUY

The camera merely recorded what happened at the 2004 VLV, it didn't generate the insanity. As crazy as the actions of a few may seem, the worst actions were intentionally not included on the DVD.

And, since no one had a DVD in their cars (I'm guessing) no one at this year's event saw the DVD until they were at home. Whatever they did they did without influence except for that of excessive amounts of alcohol.

This year's VLV car show scene was sadly different than last year's. As crazy as last year's was, I didn't see the fights and bottle throwing that were present this year. I didn't film any of this year's insanity except for Guido's too-funny pasta wrestling event.

Axle and I discussed the changes this morning in e-mails. While I would hate to see the parking lot closed at night, I welcome whatever it takes to make it safe and fun for all.

We need to police ourselves. Sounds like what the NHRA said in their '60s Safety Safari. They feared drag racing would be outlawed if something wasn't done. Here's to Axle's sincere effort to keep the car show at VLV.

Ernest: GASSERGUY