Register now to get rid of these ads!

Visiting San Diego this weekend, anything going on Sunday a.m.?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nick Flores, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Hey boys, the band and I are traveling to San Diego for to play a gig and I'll have about a half day of free time on Sunday (1/16) morning. Any get togethers or swaps going down?

2. check our www.socalcarculture.com Dave usually keeps that website up to date with the happenings out there...Have a nice trip and go to Hodads for a burger in Ocean Beach or Mex Food at Coyote Cafe in Old Town

3. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

i dont know of much happenin this coming weekend - where you playing though? Maybe the missus and i will roll down and support. im assuming downtown or beach side? might be able to recommend some cool shit to do depending on where your staying - fucking dago county is the size of jersey man!

hodads is the shit but be prepared to stand in line!

4. Jagman

Jagman

If you could get there in time, Cars and Coffee is every Sat morning just up the road in Irvine, the greatest free car show you've ever seen....starts about 6:30 am and by 9am it's all over....

Isn't there a donut shop in Irvine that does a hot rod and custom gathering every weekend too, or is that more of a monthly deal?

5. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

irvine is quite a ways from san diego proper which is why im asking what part of SD county he is hangin in. also what kinda transpo - our mass transit is SHIT

6. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

We'll be playing at... uh... Pure Platinum. Rumor has it is a.. ummmmm... Gentlemens Club. The address is 4000 Kearny Mesa Road. I have no idea where that is. We're supposed to be staying with friends but I'm not sure where exactly. I'll have a set of borrowed wheels, but I don't know my way around out there at all.

I shoulda mentioned... We play Saturday night (1/15) at 11pm. Its a heavy metal show, which is nice considering we are a surf-a-punka-billy type band... should be fun.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  7. Pure Platinum, is off I-15, between Escondido/Rancho Bernardo/Poway, and San Diego, Kearney Mesa is one of the old main roads into the old Miramar Base.
    Maybe it's off the 163, I guess I really don't remember, but you can see the sign from one of those 2 freeways.

NO, I have never been in there...and yes, it is a "Gentlemen's Club"

8. Great diner up there called The Studio Diner just off of the 163...good grub and open late (all night?)...good bbq there on Clairemont Mesa Blvd called Abbey's BBQ too...SD automotive Museum in Balboa Park is cool

9. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

Yes that is a gentlemans club, I have known a few nice young lady's from there in my day! Irvine is a bit far from there, probably an hour and a half or more depending on how you drive.

10. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

SD autom Museum was gonna be my suggestion to OddRod - great minds.

Nick, Nice venue for a show - maybe Ill swing down there with the Boys - takin yer girlfriend to a GC is one thing, but no fun with the wife....uh my wife anyway

11. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I found out about the venue just a couple days back, It'll be interesting to say say the least. I keep having the snake charmer scene from Dusk til Dawn running through my head. It would be great to have some HAMBers come out, God knows I won't have much in common with the metal-heads...

12. In addition to Hodads being the spot for killer burgers just walking around Ocean Beach and people watching can be pretty entertaining to say the least...quite a cross section down there

13. bigvicsd

bigvicsd
    from san diego

your in the happining spot right there a platium !! Booze and braud's ... Somtimes they have a midget show ...i live close to there sunday no car stuff but there is the swap meet sv,kb...hodads ehhh want a real burger go to rockies ! In pb mexican food go to quatro milpas in logan by chicano park (not open on sun )...sunday shoot it will be in the 70's the beach !!!!

14. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Oh dear God, please let it be true...

15. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Go to OB for the freak show and Rocky's for a hambuger. The auto museum is great and right next door is one of the better aircraft museums outside of Washington DC.

16. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Sounds like a few great suggestions, thanks guys. If anybody comes to the show I'll be the guy looking out of place with a Demons shirt on...

17. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Bump for the Friday night crowd. See you guys tomorrow night!

18. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

damn I got tied up and missed the show - how did it go? was a beut of a weekend down here - the beach woulda been the place to be - I was in the driveway chasin electrical issues!