Register now to get rid of these ads!

Visited the Cincy area yesterday.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John B, Sep 9, 2005.

1. John B

John B

I was up there delivering some trophies to some customers at the Lunken Airport for their car show this Sunday.
    ( http://aroundcinci.com/gen_includes/article.asp?articleid=3304 )

Since I was in the area I decided to hang out and run by a cruise over in Highland Heights. Since I had some time to kill, John Beckner offered to show me around the airport in his 1950 Ford and let me tag along as he did some work on a plane. Keep in mind that the airport in my hometown was a grassy field with a windsock, so this was a treat for me. The hanger in the picture below was the first one built at Lunken in 1928, it was the home of American Airlines at the time, I believe. I thought I'd throw a picture of it up,since I know some of you guys love old architecture and history.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I hung out awhile I crossed over into Kentucky and made my way to the Perkins Restaurant in Highland Heights and checked out the cruise that was going on there.

This '30 Model A truck was running a flathead.
    [​IMG]

32 Ford
    [​IMG]

This Crestliner belongs to a fellow KOA offical , Garland Barton
    [​IMG]

A couple others

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Looks like ya' had fun John. Thanks for the pic's :cool:

3. brandon

brandon

glad you had a good time.....haha had it been last week you'd probably not have gotten to the airport.....due to the train car with leaking styrene.....the model a truck belongs to ed vogt (sp) the 32 is buddy of mine....jim wethington....the model a sprt coupe is paul kunkel's ....and the 33 34 is jerry howell.......oh well back to work ........have fun brandon

4. John B

John B

Hey Brandon, they had told me about the chemical leak they had last week, seems all of it's taken care of now. Except the extra arm I'm growing since hanging out there.

I talked to Ed for a little while at the cruise and he told me about the other A model he's building. Jim came over and pointed at my shirt (HAMB shirt) and asked if I was one of those guys. I told the truth and said I was.

5. brandon

brandon

I talked to Ed for a little while at the cruise and he told me about the other A model he's building. Jim came over and pointed at my shirt (HAMB shirt) and asked if I was one of those guys. I told the truth and said I was.[/QUOTE]

eddies other a is supposed to be a cherry piece......as for jim ....i figure he porbably asked you for a shirt......hahah he's a kat now....let me tell ya ....hahah brandon

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

how much was the 32 4 door asking price?

7. brandon

brandon

i think he said 16,500 .....seems to be the gas econo ride....4.3 350 turbo 9" ford w/ 3.25's.....new undercarrage with a decent old body from missouri.....he's had it out for about a month .....he's got a 3 window he wants to start on .....if interested....give him a call ...859 356 3285 his name is jim .....but you can call him " crook " hahah tell him his grandson sent ya ....brandon

8. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

thanks for the update

9. brandonsgrandpa

brandonsgrandpa

john b, what size is the shirt. If it is XL I would accept it via UPS.thanks in advance.:) ;) :rolleyes: :cool: