Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Visit usa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dodgie, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dodgie

dodgie

Hey folks,
    July this year I will pay a visit with my son to Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky.
    First I go to the NASCAR race in Kentucky. Looking forward to it.
    After that I want to visit some hotrod meetings, speedshops, garages, auctions, salvage yards etc.
    Dou you guys (or girls) have any suggestions!
    Also looking for old style hemi parts for my 1940 dodge coupe.
    Hear from you.
    Koos

2. dodgie

dodgie

IMG_4289.JPG
    This still a stock car. The other one I own is in construction. It will get a 392 hemi, Dana 60. I will box the chassis, put on a fat man front end and shave and channel it.

3. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Good choice on the race. If you're still here the first weekend in August check out the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville which will have over 10,000 cars plus hundreds of exhibits, vendors, lots of other sellers, and more....

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. dodgie

dodgie

Thanks. I will return July 27th. So that will not work this year. Probably next year.

5. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Come to South Dakota and I will tour you around. I am of Dutch heritage, Wooden shoes wooden head and wouldnt listen! Come see this. IMG_0940.JPG IMG_0946.JPG

6. How about the back side? HRP

[​IMG]

7. dodgie

dodgie

Cool pictures. Here everything is flat like a pancake. Currently the tulips are growing and the windmills are turning.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

If your in Florida, and like Mopars you have to see Don Garlits museum in Ocala, Florida

9. dodgie

dodgie

10. dodgie

dodgie

11. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

May find car shows close by were ever you are in Florida; http://flacarshows.com/
    There a few other sites too,on the net,likely some for Ga. also.

12. dodgie

dodgie

Thanks. I start my trip July 4th in Florida. Heading up to Atlanta further to Kentucky to the NASCAR event. Then drive back to Tennessee, Georgia and Florida. Leaving the USA by July 21. Will visit oldcarcity in White GA. Looking for some addresses to visit like speedshops, yunkyards, swap meets etc.

13. Dodgie.......good to see another 1940 Dodge........mines an Oz assembled version which used a 1939 style Oz body shell with 40 Plymouth fenders, hood, head & taillights & bumpers with 40 Dodge grille, badges and dash.......its been a hotrod since 1973.........regards, Andy Douglas

14. belair

belair

Be prepared for high heat and humidity. Hope you have a great visit.

15. dodgie

dodgie

Nice ride Anydodge. So down under there are also mopars from the 30-40's. Steerwheel on the right side?

16. Dodgie, yep, Dodge was sold here in Oz from 1915, from the mid 20's they were mostly Oz bodies etc on imported chassis, engines etc......from the late 30's all 5 mopar brands were sold but mostly 4 dr sedans with Oz body shells and different grilles, badges, lights & trim etc till the mid 50's then an Oz mix of 54 Plymouth body and 55 Plymouth front & rear fenders called a Chrysler Royal 4dr & Ute till 1962 then Oz Valiants till 1980 when Mitsubishi took over and best not discussed.......lol......yep RHD sometimes a mirror reverse of the LHD.........see the pic of my Dodges RHD dash and sometimes an Oz only rhd concoction............you'll see where my 1940 Dodge has Plymouth fenders,hood, lights, bumpers yet it had full leather upholstery on the seats & extra interior lighting and armrests as the Dodge brand was upmarket in Oz...........that's a nice looking 40 Coupe you have btw.........got any more pics of it?........andyd

Attached Files:

17. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Hope you have a nice visit. Enjoy your self, but like belair said, be prepared for the high humidity and heat. Drink a lot of water. The areas that you are going into is beautiful. Nice scenery. Take care.

18. dodgie

dodgie

Iam going to rent a Dodge Ram with ice cold airco. So that will be ok. Shorts and a lot of drinks.

19. coming or going from KY you may go by the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. Worth the stop even though it is not Mopar related.

20. dodgie

dodgie

Iam also interested in other us brands not only mopar . So thanks for the lead.

21. Try here for HEMI parts.... post-37352-143142856714.jpg

22. Hi Koos

I visited the US nine times between 1994 and 2016 and for a Dutchie it differs a lot from our tiny Holland. Good luck with your search and bring parts for my 331 Hemi :rolleyes:.
    Where are you from ?

Groeten Hennie

23. dodgie

dodgie

Hi Henny,
    Iam from Wognum North Holland.
    What do you need? A friend of my has some 331 parts. Iam look for 354 and 392 blocks, cranks an heads.
    So if anyone want to help to find these parts . Should appreciate the tip. Will contact Darrel.
    If interested I can deliver nice pairs wooden shoes to the USA.

24. dodgie

dodgie

IMG_4432.JPG
    Like those. Very save for your toes.

chryslerfan55 and vtwhead like this.
  25. dodgie

dodgie

26. Hi Koos

Not really sure what i need, the Chrysler Imperial 1954 came from Heerhugowaard in 2005 or 2006 (not sure when) as a mostly complete car with a running engine so at the moment the engine is complete. I sold the rest of the car but kept the running gear including the chassis.:D

Groeten from Goeree Overflakkee, Hennie

27. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

On the first Friday of each month, Gadsden Alabama has a good cruise down town and Fort Payne Alabama has a cruise on the third Saturday. These are near the Alabama Georgia line and just south of Chatanooga TN. Many towns have small cruises that could be interesting.

28. dodgie

dodgie

29. dodgie

dodgie