Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Vintique insert in a Brookville grille shell. How well will it fit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Guernsey boy, Dec 7, 2014.

1. I've done a bit of searching on the subject, but haven't found the information i need so apologies if its been posted about in the past.

Basically i have a brand new Brookville '32 grille shell and i need an insert for it. I know that Brookville make an insert, but its a lot easier for me to get a Vintique one where i am. I know that technically both the grille shells should be the same as each other, but anyone that has dealt with repro panels in the past will know that isn't usually the case.

So i was hoping that some will have used a Vintique insert in a brookville shell (or visa versa) and could enlighten me as to the quality and fit of each piece.

Thanks in advance,
    Neil.

2. marfen

marfen
    from sask

Pretty much a given that repro parts will need "finessing" to fit.

3. I haven't found any reproduction insert to fit like the originals.

Yeah,it will fit but you will have to do a little massaging to make it fit. HRP

4. 8-Track

8-Track

I purchased the American made 32 reproduction grill insert and it fit really nice in a original 32 grill shell but did not fit in a Brookville at all.

5. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

brookville doesn't make an insert they sell one (i think)

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've done originals, Vintiques and Brookvilles and have found that no insert fits the Brookville very good at the top.

7. I used a Vintique shell & insert. Didn't have to finesse any at all worked just fit fine.