Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Trunk Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ridin dirty, Dec 5, 2009.

1. ridin dirty

ridin dirty

I have a old vintage automobile trunk and im trying to Id. it. I have done google and image searches on it for some time now but I cant seem to find out what car it came on. It has a name tag on it from the company Bergrade Trunks and Berg A.T.&S. Co. New York. It also has the side hold downs and J hooks that go with it. Where should I look to get a Idea of how much is it worth?

Attached Files:

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

My, my. That's a nice one! I think you'll find it is worth as much as you can get for it just like all the rest of the vinatge trucks that aren't branded with Cadillac, Chrysler, Moon, Imperial, etc., badges. I'd say that trunk is from the late 'teens-early 20s due to the belts and J'hook brackets built into it. It is a premium quality trunk and has been kept dry and clean for all these years.
    I've sold the more mundane PrestSteel and other common over the years for $100-400 or so so there is a range. The right guy will pay more for a premium trunk like yours.

How's the inside condition wise? Trunks for sedans would often have a sloped back, the coupe/roadster ones are straight up.

3. ridin dirty

ridin dirty

It seems to be in nice condition for its age. I was almost thinking 1920's or early 30's. I tried to find information on the internet of what it belongs to but nothing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  4. ridin dirty

ridin dirty

I forgot to give pasadena a side view. Sorry for the multi post.

Attached Files: