Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage trophy girl photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jalopy junkie, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All these trophy pics remind me of those Monday mornings back at work. Man, they were tough after a full weekend.

2. I go out with a sprint car in the summers, and sometimes I could swear that I can smell alcohol exhaust the next day. It makes you stop what you are doing and smile for a second. :D

3. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

It's like having a sinus cavity pop after a weekend at the drags and getting that flashback whiff of nitro fumes.......there is a purpose to life after all.:D

4. We used to take the digger out on the weekends, and by the time Monday came my ears were ringing so bad they itched. By Friday they would be ALMOST back to normal, and we would do it all over again. Now I've only got about half my hearing.
    If I had it to do again, I'd do it all over again!

5. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

WTF??? That dude got screwed!!!:D

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

Thats not a camel toe its a package leans to the left. explains the chest hair

7. floored

floored

I think that's Benny Hill.

8. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

The look on the guy's face behind the rear of the car is like I'm sure glad that sob won and not me! And the guy behind the middle of the car in white has the yeah I had to ride the hell out of the brakes cause I aint even kissin that!!!!

9. Beauty is but a light switch away....

10. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

Naw, Benny was better looking than that.

11. X2 Santa Maria too. I still have my white 501s. :D

12. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

Gladys Kravitz ?

13. *nick*

*nick*

14. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

don't you mean Sally Knocker?

15. Dontiac

Dontiac

I have the cutest Trophy Girl photo yet!!!
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and akabaker like this.
  16. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

Don't be fussin', that's prolly ol' Gary's long-suffering wife!

Fearless

17. Don't know who the girl is, but that's Mike Olivero at Doug Caruthers' Jelly Bean Bowl in Anaheim, 1955. Mike is Bobby Olivero's cousin. Bobby became a damn good midget, sprint and indy car chauffeur. Oh, and the Jelly bean Bowl became the south portion of Disneyland.

18. Best trophy girl photo yet! :cool:

19. Did the guy behind her get poked in the eye with something?;)
    Bill.

20. Dontiac

Dontiac

Are you just that sharp eyed or do you have the same Dec 54 Hot Rod I scanned the photo from? The article on 1/4 roadsters also shows Bobby Olivero in a power slide.

21. Clik

Clik

You might want to check out Jungle Pam of Jungle Jim Liberman fame on Youtube.com

22. LittleFauss

LittleFauss

.....'I don't know how some guys might feel but, I never get tired of seeing pics of some of the famous drivers from their 1/4 midget days. After all, they are "cageless midgets." And that mention of Mike Olivero and his cousin, Bobby is a good reason. Most of us know that Bobby, with much thanks to Red Caruthers, went on to a really great career. But, I still remember the story that Tommy McKnight (Danny's brother) told me midway through the 1971 season when Bobby was red-hot in Red's Offy at El Toro Speedway. And that was: Bobby Olivero was probably one of the most seriously injured 1/4 midget drivers ever. The belly pans filled with alcohol, ignited and Bobby was very seriously burned. Also, never get tired of hearing stories about Jellybean Bowl.

23. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

24. H3O

H3O

GRANDMA? j/k. :D

25. I won that race where Bobby was burned. It was at Los Alamitos, the 1/4 midget memorial day 100 lapper, 1959. We were required to make at least one pit stop for fuel. The driver had to exit the car while it was fueled. When Bobby got back in the car, the fuel that had spilled in the belly pan ignited. No one saw the methanol fire, and he was burned very bad before they got him out. My brother and I visited Bobby in the hospital, but I doubt he knew we were there. He was on heavy pain killers. Bobby had a rough year undergoing skin grafts.

I only ran at the jelly bean bowl twice before Disney bought the property in early '55.

bchctybob likes this.
  26. Johnny Parsons (?) after winning the 1950 Indy 500. No idea who the woman is, but she is diggin' Johnny that's for sure.

This photo was found after viewing a HAMB post by lowcat at:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430360

lowcat provided a link to the Life Magazine Photo Archive.

trakrodstr

Attached Files:

27. jmh

jmh

There are some trophys and there are some..:p..John

28. jmh

jmh

Damn..I love the big hair and :rolleyes: John:eek:

29. Three "tens"

Thread Status: